Sherry Wells | 2 Aug 15:39 2006
Picon

Re: hope someone can help

Hi Candy,

Did you know you can use Jaws on up to 5 computers?  Just install it on
any other computer you want to use.  As for installing it on an external
drive,  you can do this but I'm not sure you could just plug the external
drive into another computer and successfully use Jaws.  I'm sure Jaws adds
or changes some things on the computer in order to run smoothly.  Plus I
don't think Freedom Scientific would want to make their software quite
this portable as it could too easily be shared with non paying users.

If you want to try, Jaws prompts you sometime during the install as to
where you want to store the program.  The default location is the c drive
in your program files folder.  You can type over this to indicate your
external drive and a folder there.  You don't necessarily need a folder
but it is a good idea if you have other stuff on the external drive.  Let
us know if this works.  I wouldn't mind doing this too if it works.
Good luck.

Sherry Wells

    Send comments on list operation to
    vicug-l-request <at> listserv.icors.org
    Signoff: vicug-l-unsubscribe-request <at> listserv.icors.org
    Subscribe: vicug-l-subscribe-request <at> listserv.icors.org

Gmane