Features Download
From: Sergey Lisitsyn <sergey.lisitsyn-Z2lspGEnpre4vvrruGDysh2eb7JE58TQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Announcement: Shogun 2.1 is out!
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.ai.machine-learning.shogun
Date: Sunday 17th March 2013 13:02:33 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Dear all,

on behalf of the team, I am pleased to announce that we have released the
new version of the Shogun machine learning toolbox - 2.1.0. This release is
the result of hard work of all developers - no jokes, we've got almost 800
commits since 2.0.0 and it contains a load of bugfixes, new features and
improvements (see verbose list below) that make Shogun more efficient,
robust and versatile.

Please check the website http://shogun-toolbox.org/ to
download the new
release or check the project at GitHub
to see the sources.

Let me insight you on the changes that is going on. I am glad to state that
we have finally comprehended the need of software quality - we increase
(thanks to Heiko) test coverage day-to-day. This makes the software much
more reliable and in the end saves time of both users and developers.
Another thing I'd like to point is that (I believe) we should strive for
ultimate usability and that could be even more important than the number of
algorithms we integrate. A great change is that we are improving our code
with the Eigen3 library instead of using BLAS/ATLAS - that makes our code
shorter and more efficient.

We are planning two events in the near future. First of all, we are going
to apply for GSoC 2013 to hopefully expand our team with new day-to-day
contibutors. Second, we are planning to hold Shogun Toolbox Days 2013 in
Berlin @ C-base. Please stay tuned if you are interested, more
announcements to come later!

And finally, some Oscar-award-like part.

We have received a bunch of bug reports and suggestions from our users -
we'd like to thank you all for using the Shogun toolbox and for your help
to make it better. Please keep on providing a feedback, we really
appreciate that!

I'd like to thank our most hard-working teammates Soeren Sonnenburg and
Heiko Strathmann. I'd also like to especially thank the developers who
stayed with us after GSoC 2012, namely Fernando Iglesias and Viktor Gal.
That's just great we have such team.

Here comes a little more verbose list of changes that we have done:

* SHOGUN Release version 2.1.0 (libshogun 13.0, data 0.5, parameter 1)

Shogun team
CD: 3ms