From: Sergey Lisitsyn <sergey.lisitsyn-Z2lspGEnpre4vvrruGDysh2eb7JE58TQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Changes in the development workflow
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.ai.machine-learning.shogun
Date: Thursday 4th April 2013 21:49:23 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Dear developers,

we are changing our development process model to the well-known "git
flow"<http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/>model.

@committers: *please do not commit and merge to the master branch starting
from now.*

To set up your environment for development please install git-flow first.
In debian/ubuntu you may do that using basic apt-get. Then, run *git flow
init* and select the *"develop"* branch as a branch for next release, *
"master"* branch as a release branch and *shogun_* as a version tag prefix.
All the other prefixes should be set with their defaults.

After that running *git config -l | grep gitflow *should produce the
following lines:
*gitflow.branch.master=master*
*gitflow.branch.develop=develop*
*gitflow.prefix.feature=feature/*
*gitflow.prefix.release=release/*
*gitflow.prefix.hotfix=hotfix/*
*gitflow.prefix.support=support/*
*gitflow.prefix.versiontag=shogun_*

If you made any mistake and your config got wrong - just run *git flow init
-f *and fix it.

As an example of new workflow, to introduce a new feature use *git flow
start name_of_feature*, a few *git commit ... *and finally *git flow finish
name_of_feature*. After these steps you get all your commits from the
*feature/name_of_feature
*branch merged to the *develop *branch and the
*features/name_of_feature *branch
gets deleted.

Please don't hesitate to ask in case of any questions.

Greetings,
Sergey

CD: 3ms