From: Tim Blechmann <tim-xpEK/MU0Hawdnm+yROfE0A <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: nova testsuite fail, linux, pentium dual E540
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.audio.nova.devel
Date: Monday 19th July 2010 10:35:44 UTC (over 6 years ago)
> > none of the `data' arguments is a correctly aligned pointer :/
>
> oy veh, and I'm not even cross-compiling yet...

i've got some code, that can align arbitrarily allocated memory ... it is
ugly, but it works ... i will have to integrate it into the
cache_aligned_array class, though

btw, do you know, if the neon instructions have any alignment requirements?

avx e.g. doesn't impose the requirements, that sse has (probably at the
expense of performance for non-aligned load/stores)

tim

--
[email protected]
http://tim.klingt.org

Nothing exists until or unless it is observed. An artist is making
something exist by observing it. And his hope for other people is that
they will also make it exist by observing it. I call it 'creative
observation.' Creative viewing.
  William S. Burroughs

CD: 3ms