From: Hannu Savolainen <hannu <at> opensound.com>
Subject: Re: Intel atom SCH support
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.audio.oss.devel
Date: Tuesday 1st March 2011 16:19:33 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi,

The controller part doesn't require any work. All controllers work
exactly in the same way.

However codecs are different. To make things even worse motherboard
manufacturers have complete freedom to decide which I/O pin they connect
the jacks and other audio inputs and outputs. It is not enough to write
just one mixer driver for each codec. This needs to be done by hand for
every single motherboard (unless there are boards that have the pins
assigned in the same way).

The mixgen.c can be used to create a skeleton of a mixer driver. Then
the result can be fine tuned by using trial and error approach.

Hannu
---
1.3.2011 10.59, [email protected] wrote:

> [...]
OSS.

> For instance, a small explanation about those widgets the mixgen mentions
> and how to interprete and customize an oss codec driver would help.
>
> Another thing I would like to identify is whether the problems I face now
> are related to the atom chipset hdaudio controller or to the realtek
ALC888