Matt Tobin | 14 Oct 17:27 2010

Re: Fatal Error: Failed to Connect to database

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 18:54:22 -0400
From: Matt Tobin<matt.tobin <at> utoronto.ca>
Subject: [MRBS-general] Fatal Error: Failed to Connect to database
To:mrbs-general <at> lists.sourceforge.net

I am having trouble getting the mrbs up and running on a 10.6 Apple
Server.  I've installed Apache / MySQL and PHP correctly and
verified.(even phpinfo has a MySQL section, however 0 Active Persistent
Links and 0 Active Links...if that matters)

in MySQL: created database mrbs
                   : imported the tables.my.sql
                   : created user mysqladmin with grant all priveleges *.*
for 'mysqladmin' <at> 'localhost' and 'mysqladmin' <at> '%'

on command line: edited config.inc.php ->   dbsys='mysql',
db_host=localhost, db_database = mrbs, db_login='mysqladmin',
db_password='apassword'

I have installed MySQL Administrator and can successfully log in with my
accounts, given myself full rights to modify the mrbs database.

But

when I browse tohttp://localhost/mrbs  I get:

Fatal Error: Failed to connect to database

(yes, a q)
any suggestions?
thanks!

Message: 2