From: Mike Melanson <mike-PMHQyWuJmk9HT1hctdiJEA <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: The right data for Embedded XZ?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.compression.xz.devel
Date: Wednesday 28th March 2012 07:01:24 UTC (over 4 years ago)
On 3/27/2012 11:47 PM, [email protected] wrote:
> I have used xzminidec code unchanged and --check=crc32 has to be used
during compression with xz as this is the onlyt crc supported by xzminidec.

> Depending of data to be compressed size, setting dictionary size on
compression to the size of uncompressed data help to minimize memory
requirement on decompression.
> To create a floppy image, Lasse advised me to use xz --check=crc32
--lzma2=dict=2MiB,nice=273,depth=512

Thanks for the tips. I'm still having the same difficulty with these
options, though (xz_dec_run() just returns XZ_DATA_ERROR).

Is xzminidec the same as Embedded XZ that I'm trying to use?

Thanks,
--
     -Mike Melanson

CD: 3ms