Robert Newson | 30 Jul 18:00 2011
Picon

Re: Guys with deep knowledge about CouchDB Replication, I'd need your help :)

try;

-d '{"f6d5fe1b2a71eb0fdaddac0a72e10c39":
["1-f4f9a86eeb08a6a09b36a6f9bf81c2b1"]}'

the keys are the doc ids, not the relative url to the document.

B.

On 29 July 2011 18:05, Michael Aufreiter <ma@...> wrote:
> Trying to make use of _revs_diff for implementing my own replicator.
>
> I'm just wondering why I don't get a result for:
>
> curl -X POST localhost:5984/tasks/_revs_diff -d '{"/task/f6d5fe1b2a71eb0fdaddac0a72e10c39": ["1-f4f9a86eeb08a6a09b36a6f9bf81c2b1"]}'
>
> There are revisions (2, 3, 4) in the db that I would expect to get returned.
>
> Basically I want to ask Couch: "Give me all the updates you have for a certain set of id's (with the latest
known revision)"

> Any ideas?
>
> -- Michael
>
> On Friday, July 29, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Michael Aufreiter wrote:
>
>> Nice. Having a look at it.
>>
>> It really depends on how much functionality you wanna delegate to the client. In my opinion, in most cases
you wan't to keep the amount of local data low. That's why I'll probably use localstorage to memoize a
complete snapshot of the current graph. Once you reload the page all data is loaded into memory again
(restored) and you can query it as usual (using Data.Graph#find). So in my case I'd rather wanna use just
LocalStorage without employing indexedDB etc. as local views(map-reduce etc) wouldn't be an
requirement here. But what I need to solve is the replication thing.

(mailto:ma@...)> wrote:
> [...]
and Data.js. I already introduced Data.js here at this mailing list the other day, but here's a link again:

updated them), and if yes, pull them in

it's unlikely to run into conflicts when doing the push.

(resp. Couch) should then check if there are updates for any of them. If yes, those nodes should be fetched
and delivered to the client. Given that number of ID/revision pairs, what would be the best way to check for
updates? Or do you have any other ideas on how to do the pull?

graph rather small (the bigger it gets the more overhead you have when doing the push, also more memory is
used). However this should suit a lot of scenarios (like in my case making possible offline editing of
Substance.io (http://Substance.io) documents)

be a great benefit for application developers who wan't to build offline apps. What do you think?

Gmane