From: Eliot Horowitz <eliothorowitz-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: MongoDB Transactions
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.db.mongodb.user
Date: Tuesday 13th April 2010 17:58:36 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Actually CAP is not really related to why we don't support
multi-object transactions.

The main reasons we don't is that when distributed, if you need a
transaction that spans servers, thats very expensive.
So most nosql products are designed with horizontal scalability in
mind, so are not doing multi-object transactions.