From: Alban Hertroys <dalroi <at> solfertje.student.utwente.nl>
Subject: Re: WARNING: worker took too long to start; cancelled on VACCUM ANALYZE
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.db.postgresql.general
Date: Tuesday 1st December 2009 10:29:37 UTC (over 7 years ago)
On 1 Dec 2009, at 11:00,
 wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am facing the below error when executing "VACCUM ANALYZE" on the
> several tables and also the entire PostgreSQL database hanging up and
> not responding.
>
> WARNING:  worker took too long to start; cancelled
>
> I have disabled my AV and I have the modified the below parameters in

If I recall correctly Windows doesn't have sockets so the connection is
made using the loopback device. Maybe the worker process isn't allowed to
connect and after a while it times out trying?

If it's not that, there is a good chance that your AV software installed
all kinds of hooks that can subtly change the behaviour of system
functions. If that's the case disabling it is not enough, you should try to
uninstall it and hope it removes all the hooks.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4b14f01211735785317057!