Kris Jurka | 29 Jul 22:04 2010

Re: Quartz/JBoss App fails to deploy on Postgres 9.0

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Jason Long wrote:

> I am having a problem deploying my application on Postgres 9.0.  This
> could have something to do with "Failed restore connection's original
> auto commit setting."  The application does connect to the database just
> fine because if I disable the QuartzDispatcher the application works.
> Even with it enabled, Hibernate is still able to validate my tables
> before the QuartzDispatcher starts up.  I have no problems with any
> other version of Postgres.  The app is currently running perfectly on
> 8.4.4.
>     at org.postgresql.util.PGbytea.toBytes(
>     atorg.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getBytes(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet
> .java:2271)

You need to either use a 9.0 JDBC driver or change your server's setting
of bytea_output to escape because the 8.4 driver does not understand hex

You can get the 9.0 development driver here, it just hasn't been linked
into the website yet.

Kris Jurka

Sent via pgsql-jdbc mailing list (pgsql-jdbc <at>
To make changes to your subscription: