From: Daniel Farina <daniel-Vgi1d2+GxVTQT0dZR+AlfA <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: v0.6.3 Imminent: please assist final testing
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.db.postgresql.wal-e
Date: Monday 22nd July 2013 05:12:00 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hello all,

I'm satisfied with the state of the current v0.6 branch, but before
releasing I'd like to get more testing from other users.  Putting
aside new bug reports, I will release in one week barring objection,
on 2013-07-29.

Interested users can download the HEAD of the v0.6 maintenance branch:

  $ git clone https://github.com/wal-e/wal-e -b
v0.6

One can also rely on Github's generated archives, should git not be
available:

  $ curl -L https://github.com/wal-e/wal-e/archive/v0.6.tar.gz
| tar zx
  $ cd wal-e-0.6

The major improvements:

* Multi-region support

* Parallel WAL uploading (not enabled by default)

  This can largely alleviate problems with WAL backlog to be archived
  and offers substantially improved archiving performance.  It must be
  enabled by passing the -p/--pool-size flag.  A reasonable number is
  '8'.  Highly recommended, but the default has been left at '1' for
  this maintenance release.

* Increased robustness on systems that are low on memory, and reduced
  memory usage

  This can help significantly with capturing backups on systems with
  significant memory pressure.

CD: 19ms