From: Salvatore Sanfilippo <antirez-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Announcing openredis - Redis hosting service
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.db.redis.general
Date: Friday 4th February 2011 16:08:01 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Michel, I just have to say that at this point I know you guys well
enough to bet that this can just be a very cool project in your hands.
Thanks for bringing so much value to the Redis community.

Cheers,
Salvatore

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Michel Martens
 wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Just wanted to share something which we've been working on for a while
> now, which we've aptly named openredis. Basically its Redis hosting
> for people who doesn't want to deal with the deployment of their Redis
> instances, while enjoying automated backups, monitoring, and in the
> future, fail-safe master-slave replicated setups.
>
> What we've tried to emphasize while working on this was being open
> about everything-- the source code of the whole site is open, so are
> the tools underneath that drives it. We love Redis and the community
> surrounding it, so we're making the service around it as transparent
> as possible, even the pricing!
>
> We've been huge supporters of Redis from its early days, and have
> deployed a lot of applications, both client and products using it.
> Much of what is being used here are tried and tested tools which we
> ourselves use for managing our Redis deployments.
>
> We're still in closed beta. We're going to take the approach of taking
> of care of our customers-- hence we're going to grow this as
> organically as possible.
>
> If you want to know more head over to http://openredis.com. We're
> always at #openredis at irc.freenode.net, or you can just send as an
> email at [email protected] if you prefer that
as well.

> Best Regards,
>
> Michel Martens
> @soveran
>
> --

Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
open source developer - VMware

http://invece.org
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit." -- Aristotele