Salvatore Sanfilippo | 25 Jun 14:33 2011

Re: is there a diskstore version that I can play ?

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Stefan Scholl <stesch@...> wrote:
> Nope.
> As I've heard on Twitter, diskstore got removed. And VM will be
> deprecated and removed later.

I want to confirm that, if you want to play with it for historical
reasons you can use the commit with the following SHA:

Otherwise please don't use VM nor diskstore as in the near future
there is no plan to support nor further develop, neither to include
into a stable release something allowing datasets bigger than RAM.

We will instead focus all our efforts into:

1) Cluster
2) Scripting
3) Better persistence
4) Stability / Testing

Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
open source developer - VMware
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit." -- Aristotele