From: Salvatore Sanfilippo <antirez-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: is there a diskstore version that I can play ?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.db.redis.general
Date: Saturday 25th June 2011 12:33:35 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hello,

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Stefan Scholl
 wrote:
> Nope.
>
> As I've heard on Twitter, diskstore got removed. And VM will be
> deprecated and removed later.

I want to confirm that, if you want to play with it for historical
reasons you can use the commit with the following SHA:

a004de0f1509c0ff499e6fc28da2f7e308e14e40

Otherwise please don't use VM nor diskstore as in the near future
there is no plan to support nor further develop, neither to include
into a stable release something allowing datasets bigger than RAM.

We will instead focus all our efforts into:

1) Cluster
2) Scripting
3) Better persistence
4) Stability / Testing

Cheers,
Salvatore

--
Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
open source developer - VMware

http://invece.org
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit." -- Aristotele

CD: 2ms