From: Ruben Pollan <meskio-Ss5wYDU21Mf9CHvZ6l3MoQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: moving towards 0.8
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.diary.tudu
Date: Tuesday 5th October 2010 14:05:42 UTC (over 6 years ago)
On 14:57, Tue 05 Oct 10, Enrique Matías Sánchez (Quique) wrote:
> 2010/10/5 Ruben Pollan:
>
> >> Never heard of ACR. I guess it's simpler than old good Autoconf.
> >
> > Yes, I don't like much the complexity of autoconf. I think it don't
make sense
> > in a small project like tudu. But I like the idea of a configure
script, I don't
> > like CMake or SConf because you have to have installed another tool
more in your
> > system. The one I liked more of the ones I try is ACR, is pretty
simple.

> I understand your choice, hope this tool will be kept maintained in the
future.

It is not in a fast development. Actually really few projects use it, so
it's
only developed for the needs of each project. Like for tudu now was changed
support it properly.  The project was started on 2003 and is still
maintained,
so I guess we don't have to worry about it in near future.

> Gosh. After writing the manpage myself, I managed to forget about this
> feature...
> /me needs a new brain :(

:D

--
Rubén Pollán  | jabber:[email protected]

CD: 3ms