Íñigo López-Barranco | 26 Apr 15:38 2012
Picon

Udev 172/181 doesn't find ptxdist kernel headers and fails to compile

Hello all.

I'm trying to build ptxdist-2012.04.0 but it fails to compile using both
versions of udev complaining about some undeclared defines:

src/libudev-monitor.c: In function 'udev_monitor_new_from_socket':
src/libudev-monitor.c:153: error: 'SOCK_NONBLOCK' undeclared (first use
in this function)
src/libudev-monitor.c:153: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once

Searching in the list's archives found this message with a patch adding
the kernel headers path to the udev rules for toolchains without kernel
headers (or old ones):

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.embedded.ptxdist.devel/7997/focus=8140

I've checked that this is already included in my udev.make file, that
I've selected the kernel headers (2.6.39) in ptxdist menu and that
SOCK_NONBLOCK and other missing defines are present in the kernel
headers, so I don't know what else to check now.

The gcc version is 4.3.2 and the platform is x86 (586).

Thanks in advance
--
Íñigo