From: Gedare Bloom <gedare <at> gwmail.gwu.edu>
Subject: SPARC_FS TimingSimpleCPU or InOrderCPU
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.emulators.m5.users
Date: Saturday 8th May 2010 21:41:40 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Hello,

Has anyone successfully used SPARC_FS with the TimingSimpleCPU or
InOrderCPU models?  I found some small hints on the mailing lists that
it might be possible, but no firm indication one way or another.  I
gave it a try with the OpenSparc image and binaries.

I tried TimingSimpleCPU:
build/SPARC_FS/m5.debug configs/example/fs.py -t

And it crashes with:
m5.debug: build/SPARC_FS/cpu/simple/timing.cc:870: void
TimingSimpleCPU::completeDataAccess(Packet*): Assertion
`!pkt->isError()' failed.
Program aborted at cycle 6365141000
Aborted

I tried InOrderCPU:
build/SPARC_FS/m5.debug configs/example/fs.py --inorder --caches

And it crashes with:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 1, in
  File "/home/gedare/work/m5/m5/src/python/m5/main.py", line 359, in main
    exec filecode in scope
  File "configs/example/fs.py", line 87, in
    (TestCPUClass, test_mem_mode, FutureClass) =
Simulation.setCPUClass(options)
  File "/home/gedare/work/m5/m5/configs/common/Simulation.py", line
53, in setCPUClass
    class TmpClass(InOrderCPU): pass
NameError: global name 'InOrderCPU' is not defined

I was wondering if anyone had any idea if these should work, if I'm
doing something wrong, or if I should try some different configuration
options?

Sincerely,
Gedare

CD: 3ms