From: Brandon Allbery <allbery.b <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Moving root.afs and root.cell to new fileserver
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.file-systems.openafs.general
Date: Wednesday 21st November 2012 19:42:30 UTC (over 4 years ago)
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 2:33 PM, [email protected]
<[email protected]>wrote:

> My question: can i move these volumes the same way (vos move ...) to
> servernew (database server still on serverold!) or ...?

Those volumes are not special as far as the server is concerned; and the
client only to the extent that root.afs may not be used at all and if it
is, it is automatically mounted.  But they are located the same way every
other volume is, and clients will detect their being moved the same way.

Moving the database server with the lowest IP address requires some care;
moving database servers generally requires updating clients; moving volumes
does not, nor does moving fileservers.

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh                               sine nomine
associates

CD: 2ms