From: Steven Marshall <steven.marshall-t2FcAx98LEVBDgjK7y7TUQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Ledgersmb 1.3.3: Super User can't login to company database
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.finance.ledger.smb.user
Date: Monday 7th November 2011 16:29:44 UTC (over 6 years ago)
I am trying to understand the purpose of the Super User that is used on the
initial screen of Setup.pl.  I have created a Superuser called "ledgersmb"
with a password in PostgreSQL.  I then proceed to create a new company
using Setup.pl using my superuser "ledgersmb".  After successfully creating
my new company, I am not able to login to the new company's ledgersmb
instance using the superuser "ledgersmb" role.  I am able to login with the
user account that was created during the company creation process using
Setup.pl and also with any other user I add via the Ledgersmb UI.

The use case I am trying to resolve is the following.  If I manage several
companies on Ledgersmb, it would be useful to be able to login to any of
these companies' ledgersmb instances to help resolve issues.  For example,
I may help manage/troubleshoot their users' role permissions for example. I
was expecting to be able to do that using the superuser account, but it
appears that the only way to do this would be to create a new user for each
company for myself so that I could be the Super Administrator for example.
 If I have 100 companies though on my system and decide to change my
password, wouldn't I have to change it a 100 times (one for each company)?
 What would be the best approach to setting up a Super Administrator?

--
Best Regards,
Steven Marshall

CD: 3ms