From: Martin Javorek <martin <at> javorkovi.cz>
Subject: OFX import in KmyMoney
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.finance.libofx.devel
Date: Thursday 19th January 2012 14:00:48 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hi all,

I'm playing a little bit with KMyMoney software which is using libofx
library for parsing OFX files. There is a problem regarding parsing OFX
version 2 file and KMyMoney developers send me to this forum.

Original post: https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kmymoney-devel/2012-January/007513.html
(not too long)

The problem is with character encoding. Even the OFX version 2 (XML file)
has proper headers set to UTF-8, KMyMoney imports it in UTF-8 only if the
file has textual headers before  tag similar to OFX version 1.

I'm not a OFX guru, I have read the spec only for a while, but I cannot
imagine, how to work with XML file, which has those special headers. How to
validate that file against XSD or anything else. It looks for me a little
bit strange.

Thanks a lot for any info :-)

Martin

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-dev2