Tom Roche | 27 Mar 17:45 2012
Picon

environment modules for gcc/gfortran?

From where can one obtain environment modules for gcc/gfortran?
What I mean:

Folks in my group (which develops a scientific model) want for us to
support (and therefore to regularly build/test on) gcc/gfortran.
Unfortunately our cluster is running

$ lsb_release -ds
"Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga)"
$ gfortran --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-46)

which is obviously downlevel (3.75 years next week). We currently
support pgi and ifort, which our cluster managers keep much more
up-to-date using Environment Modules

http://sourceforge.net/projects/modules/

such that

$ module avail 2>&1 | fgrep -ie 'intel'
intel                       openmpi_pgi
intel-11.1                  pgi
intel-12.0                  pgi-11.8
intel-12.1                  pgi-11.9
intel_ilp64                 pgimpi
intel_lp64                  pgimpi-11.9
intelmpi                    pvm3

I believe we get the modulefiles (or whatever one needs to setup a module on a given host or cluster) for those
modules from the vendor. Can one also get modulefiles for gcc/gfortran from somewhere? or must one "roll
their own"? If the latter, are there instructions for how to do that?

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche <at> pobox.com>

Gmane