From: Volker Wichmann <Volker.Wichmann <at> uibk.ac.at>
Subject: Re: Removing Nodata pixels from raster
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gis.gdal.devel
Date: Friday 26th October 2012 15:33:56 UTC (over 4 years ago)
In SAGA GIS there is a "Crop to Data" module (in Grid Tools module
library), which performs the task.

But this would require you to import your Geotif with the GDAL import
module, process it in SAGA, and finally export it as Geotif again with
the GDAL export module.

Best regards,
Volker

On 10/25/2012 05:32 PM, katrin eggert wrote:
> Hello
> No I don't know where my valid pixels are.
> Any alternative?
>
> 2012/10/25 Kyle Shannon
>
>> Katrin,
>> Do you know where you valid pixels are in the image?  If so,
>> gdal_translate with -srcwin would work:
>>
>> [email protected]:~$ gdal_translate -srcwin xoff yoff 60 100 in.tif out.tif
>>
>> where xoff, yoff are the number of pixels from the image origin that
your
>> valid region begins(pixels, lines).  See
>> http://gdal.org/gdal_translate.html
for more info.