Eduin Carrillo | 15 May 21:53 2006
Picon

Re: Mercator projection in Geoserver

Mmmm. It doesn't work. Distorsion continues. (http://www.wfisjamboree2007.org/)

I'm using these files:
http://www.wfisjamboree2007.org/sites/default/wms236.js
http://www.wfisjamboree2007.org/sites/default/wfisjam2007gmap.js

Javier, what "myMercZoomLevel" value are you using in your custom tile?

Now the point is to find the proper EPSG code. Jhon says that he get good
results with that code + Mapserver. Why it looks different in Geoserver?

Once we find the magic number, jhon can modify his wms236.js script.

eduin

http://www.nabble.com/Advertise-layers-in-SRS-54004-%28T-mercator%29-t1578926.html

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDOC/Custom+projection+definition+in+Geoserver

> > is the equivalent of changing Proj4, his first step.
> >
> > If someone does that and contributes it back I think we could consider
> > including it as a nice short cut for users by default.  I'm not sure
> > that 54004 is a real EPSG number, but if it's in the range where you
> > can put in what you like I think we could just include it.
> >
> > best regards,
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > On 5/12/06, Javier de la Torre <jatorre <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi list,
> >>
> >> While using Geoserver with Google Maps I realized I needed the
> >> Mercator projection to overlay my maps with Google's .
> >>
> >> Is this projection already included in Geoserver? I can find the word
> >> mercator in several places but I am not sure which EPSG to use...
> >>
> >> Has anybody tried overlaying using the jaascript code from
> >>
> >> http://johndeck.blogspot.com/2005/09/overlaying-mercator-projected-
> >> wms.html
> >>
> >> ?
> >>
> >> They use there EPSG:54004, but is this number something official or
> >> it has been arbitrarily created? If not... where can I find the
> >> parameters to define it in Geoserver?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>
> >> Javier.

> --
> Chris Holmes
> The Open Planning Project
> http://topp.openplans.org
> > begin:vcard
> fn:Chris Holmes
> n:Holmes;Chris
> org:The Open Planning Project
> adr:;;377 Broadway, 11th Floor;New York;NY;10013;USA
> email;internet:cholmes <at> openplans.org
> title:VP, Strategic Development
> x-mozilla-html:FALSE
> url:http://topp.openplans.org
> version:2.1