kabum | 5 Apr 12:34 2012
Picon

Re: [OSM-dev] Google Summer of Code

Am 3. April 2012 20:02 schrieb Paul Norman <penorman <at> mac.com>:

The problem with detecting when changesets are closed is that there is no way to determine exactly when they are closed short of an API query. You can fake it by assuming changesets are closed an hour after the last change to them and 24 hours after the first change to them.

<osm version="0.6" generator="OpenStreetMap server">
<changeset id="11187430" user="regedi" uid="645826" created_at="2012-04-05T10:28:21Z" open="true" min_lat="50.0106489" min_lon="36.3515771" max_lat="50.0112144" max_lon="36.3586195">
<tag k="created_by" v="Potlatch 2"/>
<tag k="build" v="2.3-375-g9f05171"/>
<tag k="version" v="2.3"/>
</changeset>
</osm>

<osm version="0.6" generator="OpenStreetMap server">
<changeset id="11167430" user="bergfrei" uid="327035" created_at="2012-03-31T15:11:30Z" closed_at="2012-03-31T15:16:55Z" open="false" min_lat="47.9912789" min_lon="9.7206276" max_lat="48.0492344"max_lon="9.8521079">
<tag k="comment" v="Hochdorf Ausgleich Luftbildversatz"/>
<tag k="created_by" v="JOSM/1.5 (5047 de)"/>
</changeset>
</osm>

Or have I missed something?

It is better to detect problems when they occur, not up to 24 hours after they’ve occurred.

That's correct. A good practise would be, to code it as abstract as possible and so only parse modify/delete/create sets. The origin (minute/hour-diff/changeset) will be ignored.

I try to take this into account in my proposal.

Thanks for all of your ideas! It's time to finish my proposal :)

Regards,
Morris