[gnome-db] Libgda 4.0.2 released
2009-04-18 13:27:34 GMT
I'm pleased to announce version 4.0.2 of Libgda, which is a maintenance version of the V4.
Libgda is a (relatively small) database access library:
* a wrapper like ODBC but with more features to access several database engines
* a general data model to use CVS or XML files
* a meta data extractor (to know all about database objects in a comman way)
* comes with an SQL console application (like mysql, psql or sqlite3 consoles)
* relies on GLib, coded in C, its API is easy to use
Changes from 4.0.1
- the SQLite provider now compiles with a system installed SQLite
- misc. corrections
- bug fixes: #578748
Tarballs are available at http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libgda/4.0
Pease note that Win32 archives are also available at http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/
To install this new version, you'll need glib, libxml2, and
optionnally libxslt; this version can be installed side by side with
the V3 version.
See the http://live.gnome.org/ChooseLibgdaSQLite page for additionnal information about choosing
between Libgda and SQLite when you need a database API.
You can find more information at the projects' homepage
(http://www.gnome-db.org), or you can ask any question/propose
anything you want in the GNOME-DB mailing list, which is available at
_______________________________________________ gnome-db-list mailing list gnome-db-list <at> gnome.org http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-db-list