From: Olav Vitters <olav-fqrEp33cg0Xz+pZb47iToQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: git.gnome.org changes and new doap file requirements
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnome.devel.announce
Date: Saturday 2nd August 2014 23:33:26 UTC (over 2 years ago)
[ Please reply to [email protected] ]

André Klapper suggested we should make more use of the doap files. As a
result of that together with GUADEC, the following changes have been
made on git.gnome.org:

1. New categories: Core, Core Apps, Apps
   Note: Not every module has been put into right category. If you spot
   errors, please let [email protected] know. I'm planning to add
   some cross checks in the release team scripts to ensure everything
   is and stays aligned.

2. "Owner" field shows programming language
   This is taken from the programming-language field in the doap file.
   You can specify multiple programming languages. Piotr Drąg and André
   Klapper ensured that most Core/Core Apps/Apps modules have these
   fields. This should make it easier for someone to suggest a good up
   to date overview of modules to start off with.
   Note: Unfortunately cannot rename the "Owner field" into programming
   language ☹

3. Stats per week/month/quarter/year
   https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/stats/?period=q&ofs=10
   e.g. Matthias Clasen apparently does most gtk+ commits.

To ensure that the doap file can be used for more purposes, the
following additional fields are now mandatory for Core/Core Apps/Apps
modules:

- programming-language
- description

DOAP files are only checked when you change them. Changes are reflected
almost immediately.

For the full details behind these DOAP files, see:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Git/FAQ#How_do_I_add_a_description_to_the_git_web_view.3F__What_is_this_.22blah.doap.22.3F

Aside from above I also slightly changed the wiki.gnome.org header
(e.g. shows RecentChanges+Schedule again). The Schedule is IMO quite
important.
--
Regards,
Olav