From: Matthias Clasen <matthias.clasen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: GNOME 3.15.90
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnome.devel.announce
Date: Saturday 21st February 2015 21:31:57 UTC (over 2 years ago)
Hi all,

a few days late, but here it is: GNOME 3.15.90 is now available.

This is the first beta release of the 3.15 development, and it is a big
release.
All of the big features that we have been working on have made it into this
release, in more or less complete form:
 * A new GNOME shell theme
 * Redesigned notifications in GNOME shell
 * Codec installation integrated in gnome-software
 * Login screen on Wayland
 * New UI in eog
 * UI improvements in nautilus
and many more.

To compile GNOME 3.15.90, you can use the jhbuild [1] modulesets [2]
(which use the exact tarball versions from the official release).

We are working on fixing the creation of vm images by our continous
integration
infrastructure, build.gnome.org [3], so that you can again use these as
another
way of testing the latest code.

[1] http://library.gnome.org/devel/jhbuild/
[2] http://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/3.15.90/
[3] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeContinuous#Installation

The release notes that describe the changes between 3.15.4 and 3.15.90
are available. Go read them to learn what's new in this release:

core - http://download.gnome.org/core/3.15/3.15.90/NEWS
apps - http://download.gnome.org/apps/3.15/3.15.90/NEWS

The GNOME 3.15.90 release itself is available here:

core sources - http://download.gnome.org/core/3.15/3.15.90
apps sources - http://download.gnome.org/apps/3.15/3.15.90

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
--------------------------

This release is a snapshot of early development code. Although it is
buildable and usable, it is primarily intended for testing and hacking
purposes. GNOME uses odd minor version numbers to indicate development
status.

For more information about 3.15, the full schedule, the official
module lists and the proposed module lists, please see our 3.15
planning page:
http://www.gnome.org/start/unstable

For a quick overview of the GNOME schedule, please see:
http://live.gnome.org/Schedule

Regards,
--
Matthias Clasen