From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fr=E9d=E9ric?= Crozat <fcrozat-4qZELD6FgxhWk0Htik3J/w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: GNOME 2.29.5 released!
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnome.devel.announce
Date: Wednesday 13th January 2010 22:19:53 UTC (over 7 years ago)
GNOME 2.29.5 Development Release
==========================

Here is the first GNOME release for year 2010 and fifth development release
towards our 2.30 release that will happen in March
2010. Your mission is easy: Go download it. Go compile it. Go test it.  And
go hack on it, document it, translate it, fix it.

With this release, some freezes are now in action :
* String Change Announcement Period : string changes must be announced to
gnome-doc-list and gnome-i18n.
* UI Change Announcement Period : UI changes must be announced to
gnome-doc-list.

To compile GNOME 2.29.5, you can the jhbuild [1] modulesets [2] (which use
the exact tarball versions from the official release):

 [1] http://library.gnome.org/devel/jhbuild/
 [2] http://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/2.29.5/

The release notes that describe the changes between 2.29.4 and 2.29.5 are
available. Go read them to learn all the goodness of this
release:

platform - http://download.gnome.org/platform/2.29/2.29.5/NEWS
desktop  - http://download.gnome.org/desktop/2.29/2.29.5/NEWS
admin    - http://download.gnome.org/admin/2.29/2.29.5/NEWS
bindings - http://download.gnome.org/bindings/2.29/2.29.5/NEWS
devtools - http://download.gnome.org/devtools/2.29/2.29.5/NEWS
mobile   - http://download.gnome.org/mobile/2.29/2.29.5/NEWS

The GNOME 2.29.5 release is available here:

platform sources - http://download.gnome.org/platform/2.29/2.29.5/
desktop  sources - http://download.gnome.org/desktop/2.29/2.29.5/
admin    sources - http://download.gnome.org/admin/2.29/2.29.5/
bindings sources - http://download.gnome.org/bindings/2.29/2.29.5/
devtools sources - http://download.gnome.org/devtools/2.29/2.29.5/
mobile   sources - http://download.gnome.org/mobile/2.29/2.29.5/

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
--------------------------

This release is a snapshot of development code. Although it is buildable
and usable, it is primarily intended for testing and hacking purposes.
GNOME uses odd minor version numbers to indicate development
status.

For more information about 2.29, the full schedules, the official modules
list and the proposed modules list, please see our 2.29 page:
http://www.gnome.org/start/unstable/

Also take a look at the abbreviated schedule reminder page at:
http://live.gnome.org/Schedule

We hope you'll love it,

The GNOME Release Team

--