Matthias Clasen | 11 Feb 07:17 2010

GNOME 2.29.90 Development Release

This is the first beta release release towards 2.30, which will happen
in March;
time flies. Please try this release and report your findings, so that
we can make
2.30 smooth and polished.

Please note that this milestone marks the beginning of the UI freeze. This is a
good time to start summarizing what has changed in your modules in this cycle,
so that people can work on the release notes! See

Also don't forget we are in those periods:

 * Feature Freeze: new functionality should be completed.
 * String Change Announcement Period: string changes must be announced
  to gnome-doc-list and gnome-i18n.

To compile GNOME 2.29.90, you can the jhbuild [1] modulesets [2] (which
use the exact tarball versions from the official release):

The release notes that describe the changes between 2.29.6 and 2.29.90
can be found here:

platform -
desktop  -
admin    -
bindings -
devtools -
mobile   -

The GNOME 2.29.90 release is available here:

platform sources -
desktop  sources -
admin    sources -
bindings sources -
devtools sources -
mobile   sources -

This release is a beta release of development code. Although it is
buildable and usable, it is primarily intended for testing and hacking
purposes. GNOME uses odd minor version numbers to indicate development

For more information about 2.29, the full schedules, the official
modules list and the proposed modules list, please see our 2.29 page:

Also take a look at the abbreviated schedule reminder page at:

We hope you'll love it,

   The GNOME Release Team