Andreas Nilsson | 21 Jun 18:33 2011
Picon

Karen Sandler Named New Executive Director of the GNOME Foundation

Dear Foundation members.

It's my pleasure to announce that the board have decided to hire Karen
Sandler as the new Executive Director.
Karen joins GNOME from the Software Freedom Law Center where she has
been General Counsel, advising a wide range of free and open source
software organizations

Karen's dedication to software freedom, her non-profits experience and
her involvement in a wide range of free and open source software
communities distinguish her as the logical choice for GNOME.

Karen will have a wide range of responsibilities at the Foundation,
including strengthening and growing our infrastructure, working with the
Board of Directors, Advisory Board members, GNOME Foundation members and
other GNOME supporters to create an awesome free and open source desktop
that is easy to use and provide a strong development platform, and
accelerating the adoption of GNOME and strengthening the Foundation by
attracting new industry members and community contributors.

You can read a full press release here:
http://www.gnome.org/press/2011/06/karen-sandler-named-new-executive-director-of-the-gnome-foundation/

- Andreas Nilsson, on behalf of the GNOME Foundation Board of Directors

Gmane