Emmanuele Bassi | 6 Nov 13:02 2012
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of October 2, 2012

= Minutes for Meeting of October 2nd, 2012 =

== Next Meeting ==

 * Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 14:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Joanmarie Diggs
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Bastien Nocera
 * Shaun !McCance
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Seif Lotfy

=== Regrets ===

 * Karen Sandler (on leave)

=== Missing ===

== Board Meeting Agenda ==

 * GUADEC 2013 bids
   * We've gotten two written proposals for GUADEC 2013: Brno and Strasbourg
   * Discuss the bids and identify questions we need to ask the teams over the phone before we make a decision.
   * Board members should fill out the confcall doodle for their preferred date and time
   * Board questions
     * Strasbourg: the projected sponsorship income is set at EUR 90,000; on what grounds has the projection been made? And is this projection realistic given the current economic crisis in Europe.
     * Strasbourg: what kind of resources (people and time) on the local team can be committed to the event?
     * Strasbourg: what kind of local businesses/government and potential sponsors have you contacted?
     * Brno: is there a local organization handling the funding of the event? is the Foundation expected to find sponsorship?
     * Brno: are there plans for local sponsorship and a projected income?
     * Brno: has the venue size been confirmed for 300+ people (keynotes)?
     * Brno: are you planning to reach out to local groups? how would this impact the estimated attendance?
   * Conference call
     * '''ACTION''': Andreas to compile the time and date for the conference call with the two GUADEC bid teams
     * '''ACTION''': Andreas to notify the GUADEC bid teams with the intended time and date

 * GNOME Boston Summit 2012 update.
   * Everything seems to be on track
   * Colin communicated various catering options
     * Expected cost for coffee + bagels: USD 1100
     * Vote for catering expenses: unanimous
   * '''ACTION''': Joanie to contact Colin and notify the board support for the catering expense

 * Joan-Marie Diggs needs a travel subsidy to speak at Grace Hopper Conference Open Source Day for $564 USD. Needs vote.
   * Joanie was invited by the organizers to have a workshop on GNOME and Accessibility
   * No reimbursement from the conference organizers
   * Vote: Joanie, Seif abstain; +1 Emmanuele, Tobi, Shaun, Bastien, Andreas
   * Proposal: can we use the A11Y campaign money to fund Joanie's travel expenses?
     * Travel was not covered by the campaign goals

 * Status of web version of Annual report
   * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to check the data mined by Tobi from PayPal and send it to Andreas

 * Seif was able to contact the organizers for a possible co-located event in Egypt
   * The space would require rent
   * Also, no revenue (e.g. tickets) would be available for GNOME

== Completed Actions ==

 * Rosanna asked whether former board members still use the access to GNOME's paypal data help out and removed the access.
 * Seif to get more information on the event and create a proposal about a possible event in Egypt

== Status of action items ==

 * All directors should discuss the first-response contact for emails
 * Andreas and Emmanuele to discuss the best approach to publish the Agenda on foundation-list before the board meeting
 * Bastien - To contact the BBC to discuss about possible collaboration in working directly with GNOME.
 * Bastien - Reach out to the GNOME Advisory Board via email to see if they can help out with providing contacts at Yahoo.
 * Bastien will research what the status of the Banshee Amazon revenue is and report back to Bertrand Lorentz
 * Emmanuele - Will audit the current donors and check that everybody received their benefits.
 * Emmanuele to start a wiki page on the community feedback of GUADEC 2012
 * Joanie, Seif to go through the board-list archives to categorize the types  of contacts and come up with the various areas
 * Joanie to work with the A11y team to write proposals for using the Mozilla and FoG money
 * Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
 * Karen - To finish the Privacy Policy, get review from James Vasile, etc.
 * Karen - To continue working with Justin about renewing the old trademarks.
 * Karen - Will reach out to Mozilla to find advice about negotiating partnerships.
 * Karen - To continue following up with CiviCRM contractors.
 * Karen to contact foundation-list to get feedback for CiviCRM
 * Karen - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
   * This has been done.  Will close once the Foundation website is updated, refer to bug #644932.
   * https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644932
 * Karen - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them.
 * Karen to investigate alternative solutions for CiviCRM (security, reliability)
 * Karen to contact sysadmin team to evaluate existing contract proposals
 * Karen to check if an AB meeting would be possible at the Boston Summit
 * Karen to look at other potential sponsors for Boston Summit
 * Karen and Joanie to get feedback on corporate sponsorship for the Boston Summit
 * Rosanna - Automate the process of entering !PayPal information into !GnuCash.
 * Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
 * Rosanna - Received the PO from Google for the GSOC payments; waiting for individual mentor travel receipts to submit invoice.
 * Seif to send an email on board-list to start the discussion on the areas of involvement for each board member
 * Shaun - Will post the January 18th, 2012 IRC meeting minutes.
 * Shaun - To contact Dave Neary and Ekaterina Gerasimova to get a list of attendees to get feedback for the summit.
 * Shaun - To help out extracting the GNOME respondents of Describe FoundationBoard/Minutes/20111115 here.the Desktop Summit survey.
 * Shaun - To contact the previous editors of the Annual Report to gather a better picture of how to move forward.
 * Shaun - To coordinate with Germán to write a report for the Financials section of the Annual Report.
 * Shaun - To start a discussion with Andrea about the Emeritus status.
 * Shaun - To finish the Financial section of the Annual Report before the end of the week (week 20).
 * Shaun - To review the Desktop Summit draft before the end of the week (week 20).
 * Karen - to make LWN integration with CiviCRM one of the requirements for the contracted project
 * Stormy - To create a wiki page on the web services accounts holders.

=== New Action Items ===
 * '''ACTION''': Andreas to compile the time and date for the conference call with the two GUADEC bid teams
 * '''ACTION''': Andreas to notify the GUADEC bid teams with the intended time and date
 * '''ACTION''': Joanie to contact Colin and notify the board support for the catering expense
 * '''ACTION''': Shaun and Zana to contact the accountant for double checking the revenue category for DDG
 * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to check the data mined by Tobi from PayPal and send it to Andreas

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * Debarshi Ray asked about Online accounts and trademark usage. SFLC is looking into it.
 * Debarshi Ray asked for co-owners for the Facebook & Google GOA keys. Bastien wondered if the Foundation itself could be a co-owner.
 * Michael Hasselman asked if there is anything we can do to help the GNOME University initiative.
 * Kai-Uwe Behrmann asked about sponsorship for a Colour Management hackfest, but the board needs more information in order to proceed.
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya e-mailed the board about a newbie event at the Boston Summit. The board told her to talk to Colin Walters about how to best set it up.


--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

_______________________________________________
foundation-announce mailing list
foundation-announce <at> gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-announce

Gmane