Emmanuele Bassi | 6 Nov 13:03 2012
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of October 16, 2012

= Minutes for Meeting of October 16th, 2012 =

== Next Meeting ==

 * Tuesday, October 30th, 2012

== Attending ==

 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Joanmarie Diggs
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Bastien Nocera
 * Shaun !McCance
 * Karen Sandler
 * Seif Lotfy

=== Regrets ===

 * Andreas Nilsson

=== Missing ===

== Board Meeting Agenda ==

 * Welcome back Karen!
   * Karen is back from her parental leave
   * For the next four weeks she's on half-time, then four week three-quarters time
   * Health insurance plan update.
     * The fee has increased due to Karen's daughter
     * Karen's contract covers the change in the insurance fee
     * '''ACTION''': Karen to send a copy of her contract to the board list
     * '''ACTION''': The board will discuss the increase of Karen's insurance fee on the board list

 * Boston Summit
   * Event went well.
   * The board wishes to thank Joanie and Colin for their hard work!
   * Post-mortem. Anything we need to improve for next year?
     * Do we need "more Colins"?
     * Organizing is easier if the venue is secured very early
   * '''ACTION''': Joanie to follow up with Colin to confirm no outstanding Social Event expenses from the Boston Summit
   * '''ACTION''': Joanie to ask Colin for overall feedback on the Boston Summit organization

 * Our trademarks needs renewal in 2015 and 2016. How do we make sure to not forget this?
   * The information on the Foundation's resources wiki page was changed accordingly
   * We should get a reminder from the trademark office, Ropes & Gray will endeavor to remind us as well
   * An automated reminder/cronjob would be good to have
     * We have a calendar account with Google, Rosanna shall try to set a reminder up there
   * '''ACTION''': Rosanna to set a reminder in Google calendar
   * '''ACTION''': Karen to contact sysadmin team and see if another reminder is possible

 * The sysadmin team (Andrea Veri) proposed to move GNOME IRC from GIMPnet to Freenode.
   * https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2012-October/msg00021.html
   * The issue is still being discussed on foundation-list
   * Counter proposal: improve the IRC infrastructure on irc.gnome.org
   * We don't have a project-wide policy for IRC
   * The board should not be involved in dictating IRC policy for projects
   * The board should facilitate communication between the sysadmin team and the IRC operators that maintain GIMPnet
   * Freenode could be used as a fallback in case the GIMPnet server goes down permanently

 * !PulseAudio has asked GNOME Foundation for financial support services
   * Similar to what we do for GIMP, GStreamer, and Banshee
   * The needs for PA are pretty small: mostly for the Google Summer of Code
   * Needs to be discussed with Shaun and Zana for the infrastructure of the fiscal sponsorship and its eventual weight on our own infrastructure and resources
     * We need to ensure that this does not turn into another LGM
   * '''ACTION''': Karen to send a draft of the proposal for GNOME to cover financial services for !PulseAudio to board-list
   * '''ACTION''': All directors to read and vote on the !PulseAudio proposal before the next meeting

 * GIMP has asked us to enter relationship with !SourceForge for them.
   * Use the SF accelerator for funding
   * Karen still needs to get the legal terms

 * Status of web version of Annual report
   * Emmanuele matched his list of donors with the one generated from Tobias script and they match
   * Needs to be sent to Andreas

 * Color hackfest, status
   * https://live.gnome.org/Hackfests/ColorManagement2012
   * '''ACTION''': Bastien to follow up with Sirko Kemter

 * Next meeting time
   * In two weeks the US will enter daylight saving time
   * Emmanuele has a potential conflict (1-on-1 with his manager close to the board meeting time)
   * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to send an email to board list with a proposal for the next meeting time

== Completed Actions ==

 * Andreas to compile the time and date for the conference call with the two GUADEC bid teams
 * Andreas to notify the GUADEC bid teams with the intended time and date
 * Joanie to contact Colin and notify the board support for the catering expense
 * Karen to look at other potential sponsors for Boston Summit
 * Karen and Joanie to get feedback on corporate sponsorship for the Boston Summit

== Status of action items ==

 * All directors should discuss the first-response contact for emails
 * Andreas and Emmanuele to discuss the best approach to publish the Agenda on foundation-list before the board meeting
 * Andreas - To create a wiki page on the web services accounts holders.
 * Bastien - To contact the BBC to discuss about possible collaboration in working directly with GNOME.
 * Bastien - Reach out to the GNOME Advisory Board via email to see if they can help out with providing contacts at Yahoo.
 * Bastien will research what the status of the Banshee Amazon revenue is and report back to Bertrand Lorentz
 * Emmanuele - Will audit the current donors and check that everybody received their benefits.
 * Emmanuele to start a wiki page on the community feedback of GUADEC 2012
 * Emmanuele to check the data mined by Tobi from ?PayPal and send it to Andreas
 * Joanie will send an email to both GNOME and KDE board lists to get us all together on the discussion for a desktop collaboration summit.
 * Joanie, Seif to go through the board-list archives to categorize the types  of contacts and come up with the various areas
 * Joanie to work with the A11y team to write proposals for using the Mozilla and FoG money
 * Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
 * Karen - To finish the Privacy Policy, get review from James Vasile, etc.
 * Karen - To continue working with Justin about renewing the old trademarks.
 * Karen - Will reach out to Mozilla to find advice about negotiating partnerships.
 * Karen - To continue following up with CiviCRM contractors.
 * Karen to contact foundation-list to get feedback for CiviCRM
 * Karen - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
   * This has been done.  Will close once the Foundation website is updated, refer to bug #644932.
   * https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644932
 * Karen - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them.
 * Karen to investigate alternative solutions for CiviCRM (security, reliability)
 * Karen to contact sysadmin team to evaluate existing contract proposals
 * Karen to check if an AB meeting would be possible at the Boston Summit
 * Rosanna - Automate the process of entering !PayPal information into !GnuCash.
 * Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
 * Rosanna - Received the PO from Google for the GSOC payments; waiting for individual mentor travel receipts to submit invoice.
 * Seif to get more information on the event and create a proposal about a possible event in Egypt
 * Seif to send an email on board-list to start the discussion on the areas of involvement for each board member
 * Shaun - Will post the January 18th, 2012 IRC meeting minutes.
 * Shaun - To contact Dave Neary and Ekaterina Gerasimova to get a list of attendees to get feedback for the summit.
 * Shaun - To help out extracting the GNOME respondents of the Desktop Summit survey.
 * Shaun - To contact the previous editors of the Annual Report to gather a better picture of how to move forward.
 * Shaun - To coordinate with Germán to write a report for the Financials section of the Annual Report.
 * Shaun - To start a discussion with Andrea about the Emeritus status.
 * Shaun - To finish the Financial section of the Annual Report before the end of the week (week 20).
 * Shaun - To review the Desktop Summit draft before the end of the week (week 20).
 * Karen - to make LWN integration with CiviCRM one of the requirements for the contracted project

=== New Action Items ===

 * '''ACTION''': Karen to send a copy of her contract to the board list
 * '''ACTION''': The board will discuss the increase of Karen's insurance fee on the board list
 * '''ACTION''': Joanie to follow up with Colin to confirm no outstanding Social Event expenses from the Boston Summit
 * '''ACTION''': Joanie to ask Colin for overall feedback on the Boston Summit organization
 * '''ACTION''': Rosanna to set a reminder for the trademark renewal in Google calendar
 * '''ACTION''': Karen to contact sysadmin team and see if another reminder for the trademark renewal is possible
 * '''ACTION''': Karen to send a draft of the proposal for GNOME to cover financial services for !PulseAudio to board-list
 * '''ACTION''': All directors to read and vote on the !PulseAudio proposal before the next meeting
 * '''ACTION''': Bastien to follow up with Sirko Kemter
 * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to send an email to board list with a proposal for the next meeting time

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * Twitter accounts and trademark usage
 * When to drop students from Planet after internship?
 * Boston Final budget


--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

_______________________________________________
foundation-announce mailing list
foundation-announce <at> gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-announce

Gmane