Emmanuele Bassi | 29 Apr 00:28 2013
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of February 19, 2013

wiki: https://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20130219

= Minutes for Meeting of  February 19th, 2013 =

== Next Meeting ==

 * Tuesday, March 3th, 2013, 15:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Bastien Nocera
 * Shaun !McCance
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Seif Lotfy
 * Karen Sandler
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Joanmarie Diggs

=== Regrets ===

 * Emmanuele Bassi

=== Missing ===

== Board Meeting Agenda ==

 * Problems with Gobby, lost historical minutes (they are still
available in the Wiki)
  * '''ACTION''': Andreas? Karen? to contact Andrea about reliability
of gobby, restore from backups, etc.

 * 2013 Budget
   * Needs vote to finalize (was +1 from Emmanuele, Joanie, Shaun,
Tobi, Andreas)
    * +1 from Seif
    * Abstain from Bastien
   * Passed with votes from previous meeting

 * Sysadmin status update
   * Andrea is very responsive, and working with the CivCRM
contractor, Stuart Gaston

 * CiviCRM status update
   * Should take up to 10 business days
   * Contractor offered training on the new tools, a number of Board
members and employees interested

 * Friends of GNOME status update
  * Google now matches donations from Google employees to the GNOME Foundation
  * '''ACTION''': Check status with Emmanuele for FoG

 * GUADEC status
  * Brochure not finalised yet, draft discussed today
  * Would be nice to take in advice from the AdBoard about giving away
discount vouchers to share around the sponsoring company (rather than
a limited number of entrance vouchers)

 * GNOME Asia status
  * Need entity in Korea to handle sponsorship, Karen contacted the
Linux Foundation about that
  * Call for Papers opening soon

 * Joining W3C status update
  * No updates from W3C
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to renew contact for W3C

 * Thanking ICAB for hosting GNOME DX hackfest
  * ICAB kindly provided us with a location for the DX hackfest in
Brussels. We should thank them somehow.
  * Framed poster was mentioned as an option, we have signed posters
from GUADEC in Den Haag
  * '''ACTION''': Andreas to send the destination address to Rosanna
for shipment of a poster to ICAB

 * Cross Desktop Collaboration Summit proposal status
  * A number of attendees. Setting on dates still. And there is a location.
  * OpenSUSE would sponsor accomodation, location,

 * Flattr donations
  * It was suggested on marketing-list that we should try and
implement flattr.com donations on gnome.org
  * Flattr say that "Software organisations cannot be charitable
organisations". We might be able to get an account, but it would not
be a non-profit account but still better than the standard one

 * Collecting funds in Europe
  * Gathering donations and sending gifts from US to Europe is
currently a costly operation.
  * There is a organization called Wau-Holland-Stiftung that might be
able to help collect funds for Europe specifically
  * Discussions are ongoing, need to gauge interest from our side
first. Cost would be a fixed percentage (capped at already specified
administrative costs).
  * Organisation is currently strongly associated with Wikileaks (tax
exemption removed and restored, accounts frozen, etc.)
  * In strong contact with the German tax office
  *  Shall we further explore this possibility?
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to carry on the discussion to explore the
offer from Wau-Hollan-Stiftung for collecting funds in Europe

 * Status of a11y proposals
   * Nothing has reached us yet
   * We have reached out to some people if they would like to be
independent experts to evaluate the bids.
   * '''ACTION''': Bastien will reach out to a couple of companies and
make sure that they are aware of the A11Y bid.

* Fabian asked for reimbursement reg. Dia GNOME
 * '''ACTION''': Rosanna to handle reimbursement to Fabian for Dia GNOME

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

Gmane