Emmanuele Bassi | 29 Apr 00:29 2013
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of March 19, 2013

wiki: https://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20130319

= Minutes for Meeting of March 19th, 2013 =

== Next Meeting ==

 * Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013, 15:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Bastien Nocera
 * Shaun !McCance
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Karen Sandler
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Joanmarie Diggs

=== Regrets ===

 * Seif Lotfy

== Board Meeting Agenda ==

 * Events
  * Update on GUADEC
   * No new updates
   * Waiting for the call for sponsors from the GUADEC team
   * We should start contacting the advisory board members
   * CfP still waiting on the website going live
  * Update on GNOME.Asia Summit
   * New funding/sponsorships for the Asia summit
   * We should allocate the same budget for travel sponsorship that we
allocated last year
    * Last year's budget: USD 15,000
    * Our line for GNOME.Asia in the Foundation's budget is currently USD 10,000
    * Travel budget, and incidental expenses
   * We may be able to get some of that funding back through sponsorship
   * We have some wiggle room in the budget
   * We are also under-budget in terms of hackfests
   * VOTE: +1 Joanie, Andreas, Bastien, Emmanuele, Shaun; Toby abstains
   * ACTION: Karen to notify the GNOME.Asia team about the budget
extension for the travel
  * Cross Desktop Collaboration Summit proposal status
   * Needs to coordinate with the KDE eV for announcing it officially
   * The wiki used to track the summit is hosted on fd.o, but the fd.o
wiki is also under heavy spam attack
   * OpenSUSE has moved the wiki on their infrastructure
   * Would be good to have interviews of the attendees to detail what
they are working on

 * Annual Report
  * Content is written, and is getting reviewed and edited
  * Waiting for the financial section (budget)

 * a11y proposals
  * Current status
  * Joanie raised concerns on the mailing list regarding who receives
the e-mails of the bids and possible conflict of interest, resulting
in Karen changing the call for bids to her address instead of the
board-list. Karen planned to ask all bidders if they agree to publish
their bid.
   * Joanie abstained from the process
  * We received one bid
  * Two options
   * 1. we review the bid we received
   * 2. we extend the bid proposal period
   * ACTION: Karen will contact the committee that she has formed for
this purpose, ccing the board to evaluate whether the bid we received
should be accepted or if we should extend the call for bids. Joannie
will abstain from the process and communication on this but will
receive all emails to board-list <at> .

 * Sysadmin and CiviCRM update
  * Still waiting on the donation page

 * Mobile application for news related to GNOME
  * Geno Roupsky have created a application to read GNOME News.
  * Wants permission to use the name "GNOME News" and to use the logo
  * Needs discussion and vote.
  * ACTION: Karen to contact Geno Roupsky to explain the rules for
using the GNOME trademarks

 * Flattr donations update
  * It was suggested on marketing-list that we should try and
implement flattr.com donations on gnome.org
  * Karen has been in touch with the CEO of Flattr
  * Flattr amended their rules to allow not-for-profit software
companies to be charitable
  * Flattr they are processing our application

 * Travel Committee, Delegation, Budgets, etc.
  * Continue discussion from two weeks ago
  * Main concerns: process far too cumbersome, reimbursement and privacy issues
  * One option was to use an external (corporate) travel management
service for travel
   * It has already been explored in 2011, but the fees were an issue
  * May be worth asking the Linux Foundation for their process
  * ACTION: Zana to send the findings of the previous exploration for
a travel management service to the board
  * ACTION: Joanie will look over the form and see how to revise it to
eliminate the banking details issues
  * ACTION: Andreas to contact Diego to check switching the travel
reimbursement to a web form to increase privacy
  * ACTION: Karen to contact Linux Foundation to ask about their system

 * Collecting funds in Europe
  * Gathering donations and sending gifts from US to Europe is
currently a costly operation.
  * There is a organization called Wau-Holland-Stiftung that might be
able to help collect funds for Europe specifically that we have been
in contact with.
  * ACTION: Karen to put together a memorandum of understanding with
our requirements for funds collection for Europe to send back to
Wau-Holland-Stiftung

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * Sysadmin status update from Andrea Veri.
 * OPW sponsorship program sponsorship levels and names of these.
Board voted in favor of Karens proposal. (needs url to public list)

== Completed Actions ==

 * Andreas to contact Julita to notify of the funds allocated for the
GNOME community event in Lima
 * Andreas to contact Julita to obtain a revised budget for the GNOME
community event in Lima

=== New Action Items ===

 * Andreas to remind everyone on the board about the next meeting at
least an hour in advance
 * Bastien will reach out to a couple of companies and make sure that
they are aware of the bid for the a11y contract.
 * Emmanuele to send Zana the list of FoG donors that want a gift from
the Foundation
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard

== Status of action items ==

 * All directors should discuss the first-response contact for emails
 * All directors should continue discussing the a11y team proposal on
the mailing list for the Accessibility FoG project
 * Andreas - To create a wiki page on the web services accounts holders.
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Andreas and Karen to contact Andrea about reliability of gobby,
restore from backups, etc.
 * Bastien will research what the status of the Banshee Amazon revenue
is and report back to Bertrand Lorentz
 * Bastien to contact Karen and send a reminder for the a11y call for bids
 * Emmanuele - Will audit the current donors and check that everybody
received their benefits.
 * Emmanuele to start a wiki page on the community feedback of GUADEC 2012
 * Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
 * Karen - To finish the Privacy Policy, get review from James Vasile, etc.
 * Karen - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James
Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
   * This has been done.  Will close once the Foundation website is
updated, refer to bug #644932.
   * https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644932
 * Karen - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to
use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the
archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the
GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them.
 * Karen to explore founding options for the GNOME Foundation to be a
member of the W3C
 * Karen to explore funding options for a marketing director
 * Karen - to make LWN integration with CiviCRM one of the
requirements for the contracted project
 * Karen to carry on the discussion to explore the offer from
Wau-Holland-Stiftun for collecting funds in Europe for us.
 * Rosanna - Automate the process of entering !PayPal information into !GnuCash.
 * Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
 * Rosanna - Received the PO from Google for the GSOC payments;
waiting for individual mentor travel receipts to submit invoice.
 * Rosanna - Look at the actual amount of money allocated for the
sysadmin that we can still use
 * Seif to send an email on board-list to start the discussion on the
areas of involvement for each board member

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

Gmane