Emmanuele Bassi | 29 Apr 00:31 2013
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of April 16, 2013

wiki: https://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20130416

= Minutes for Meeting of  April 16th, 2013 =

== Next Meeting ==
 * Tuesday, April 30th, 2013, 15:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Bastien Nocera
 * Shaun !McCance
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Joanmarie Diggs

=== Regrets ===
 * Karen Sandler

=== Missing ===
 * Seif Lotfy

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
 * Events
  * GUADEC
   * Update on GUADEC 2013
    * No updates from the papers committee
    * The sponsors brouchure is ready
   * E-mail regarding GUADEC 2015 from Worldwideconventions.
    * Seems to be spam
    * They don't seem to be targeting our kind of conference
  * Update on GNOME.Asia Summit
   * No updates
  * Cross Desktop Collaboration Summit proposal status
   * We have received a report from Ryan
   * Needs to be published alongside with the KDE board
    * '''ACTION''': Andreas to email the KDE eV board to agree on
publishing the Collaboration Summit results
  * Documentation hackfest sponsorship
   * Budget request: USD 9500 (worst case)
   * '''VOTE''': +1 Andreas, Joanie, Emmanuele, Bastien, Tobi - approved
  * Other upcoming events
   * GTK Hackfest https://live.gnome.org/Hackfests/GTK2013
   * Budget request: USD 3000 for Tristan van Berkom's travel
   * The request is *very* last minute, even if it was sent to the
travel committee two weeks ago and put on the GNOME wiki for the past
month
   * '''VOTE''': +1 Andreas, Joanie, Shaun, Emmanuele, Bastien - approved
   * '''ACTION''': Joanie to send an email to Tristan to communicate
the vote of the board on his travel sponsorship request
 * We really need to sort out the travel committee and process
  * Should be discussed on the mailing list
 * Annual Report
  * Shaun sent the finances section to Karen for review and is
incorporating the feedback
 * Adboard meeting
  * Our last adboard meeting was in early February, it's time to start
schedule the next one.
  * Ideas for topics.
 * Sysadmin and CiviCRM update
 * Code of conduct
  * We recently had some incidents on the mailing lists and in
bugzilla where certain people where misbehaving. We have a code of
conduct, but it is only a recommendation.
  * Should the CoC be rewritten?
  * Does it need the official enforcement of the foundation?
  * This should be discussed on foundation-list, not by the board
  * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to raise the issue of the CoC enforcement
on board-list
 * Womens outreach update
  * Waiting for an official report from Karen
 * Status of a11y bids
  * Waiting for the recommendation from the review committee

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * RMS e-mailed the board about possible missing license notice in
gnome-shell, Andreas pointed him to the git tree where the license
file is.
 * Andrea Veri gave an update on his weekly items as a sysadmin.
 * Vincent Untz e-mailed and asked for meeting minutes from the last
couple of meeting. Emmanuele promised to send them to the foundation
list as soon as possible.
 * Tobias Mueller e-mailed the board and proposed a schedule for the
upcoming board elections.

== New Action Items ==
 * '''ACTION''': Andreas to email the KDE eV board to agree on
publishing the Collaboration Summit results
 * '''ACTION''': Joanie to send an email to Tristan to communicate the
vote of the board on his travel sponsorship request
 * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to raise the issue of the CoC enforcement
on board-list

== Status of action items ==
 * All directors should discuss the first-response contact for emails
 * All directors should continue discussing the a11y team proposal on
the mailing list for the Accessibility FoG project
 * Andreas - To create a wiki page on the web services accounts holders.
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Andreas and Karen to contact Andrea about reliability of gobby,
restore from backups, etc.
 * Bastien will research what the status of the Banshee Amazon revenue
is and report back to Bertrand Lorentz
 * Emmanuele - Will audit the current donors and check that everybody
received their benefits.
 * Emmanuele to start a wiki page on the community feedback of GUADEC 2012
 * Emmanuele to send Zana the list of FoG donors that want a gift from
the Foundation
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard
 * Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
 * Karen - To finish the Privacy Policy, get review from James Vasile, etc.
 * Karen - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James
Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
   * This has been done.  Will close once the Foundation website is
updated, refer to bug #644932.
   * https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644932
 * Karen - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to
use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the
archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the
GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them.
 * Karen to explore founding options for the GNOME Foundation to be a
member of the W3C
 * Karen to explore funding options for a marketing director
 * Karen - to make LWN integration with CiviCRM one of the
requirements for the contracted project
 * Karen to carry on the discussion to explore the offer from
Wau-Holland-Stiftun for collecting funds in Europe for us.
 * Rosanna - Automate the process of entering !PayPal information into !GnuCash.
 * Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
 * Rosanna - Received the PO from Google for the GSOC payments;
waiting for individual mentor travel receipts to submit invoice.
 * Rosanna - Look at the actual amount of money allocated for the
sysadmin that we can still use
 * Seif to send an email on board-list to start the discussion on the
areas of involvement for each board member

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

Gmane