Emmanuele Bassi | 23 Jul 11:32 2013
Picon

Minutes for the Board meeting of June 25th, 2013

wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20130625

= Minutes for Meeting of June 25th, 2013, 16:00 UTC =

== Next Meeting ==
 * Tuesday, July 9th, 2013, 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Joanmarie Diggs
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Karen Sandler
 * Shaun McCance
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Seif Lotfy

=== Regrets ===
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Bastien Nocera

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
 * Welcome new board!
  * Welcome Ekaterina, Marina and Sriram to the board!
  * Karen presented the obligations of being a director - the duty of
care and the duty of loyalty. Karen recommended that directors use
personal not employment email addresses in their capacity of
directors. Karen also gave an overview of the obligations of officers.
  * Karen discussed the conflict of interest policy.
  * Sri mentioned that employees may have the obligation to notify
their employer
  * Presentation of the different officers roles.
   * Andreas presented his duties as President.
   * Karen summarized the Vice President role
   * Andreas discussed the Secretary role
   * Shaun presented his duties as Treasurer (and also Rosanna's
duties as bookkeeper/administrator)
   * The signing authority of the officers was also discussed.
  * GUADEC 2013  - In person board meeting  - was scheduled for July
30, proposed moving it to the 31st.
  * Regular meeting time, will stay on Tuesdays but at 16:00 UTC, one
hour later than the previous time

 * Update on GUADEC 2013
  * Igalia is coming in at the silver level
  * '''ACTION''': Karen will continue to follow up GUADEC sponsorship
with potential sponsors
  * Board and Adboard meetings at GUADEC

 * Montreal Summit
  * We  are still on the lookout for a location. The local team have
been in  contact with several organizations and things look bright.
  * '''ACTION''': Karen will follow up on the status of the Montreal
summit with the local team

 * Hardware donation announcement.
  * The GNOME Foundation recieved hardware donations in the form of 6
Chromebooks from Intel and a individual donor.
  * '''ACTION''': Kat will take a picture of a donated laptop
  * '''ACTION''': Karen will publish the announcement of the donated hardware

 * Annual Report update
  * Outreach Yearbook
  * '''ACTION''': Marina will follow up with Daniel about the outreach yearbook

== Completed Actions ==
 * Andreas to contact the adboard members with the date of the meeting
at GUADEC for feedback
 * Andreas to contact the local team for securing the venue for the
board and adboard meetings at GUADEC
 * Andreas to contact Zeeshan to notify the travel sponsorship
approval for the Maps hackfest
 * Andreas to contact Ryan to coordinate with the local volunteers for
securing a venue in Montreál for the summit by August
 * Emmanuele to send an email reminding accepted speakers to confirm
presence, and to contact the travel committee for sponsorship
 * Joanie to contact travel committee about the allocated budget for
travel sponsorship
 * Karen to carry on the discussion to explore the offer from
Wau-Holland-Stiftun for collecting funds in Europe for us.

== New Action Items ==
 * Karen will continue to follow up GUADEC sponsorship with potential sponsors
 * Karen will follow up on the status of the Montreal summit with the local team
 * Kat will take a picture of a donated laptop
 * Karen will publish the announcement of the donated hardware
 * Marina will follow up with Daniel about the outreach yearbook

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/
_______________________________________________
foundation-announce mailing list
foundation-announce <at> gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-announce

Gmane