Emmanuele Bassi | 12 Sep 01:49 2013
Picon

Minutes for the Board meeting of September 3, 2013

wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20130903

= Minutes for , September 3rd, 2013, 16:00 UTC =

== Next Meeting ==
 * Tuesday, September 17th, 2013, 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Joanmarie Diggs
 * Karen Sandler
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Tobias Mueller

=== Regrets ===
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Sriram Ramkrishna

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
 * Implement a Foundation employee policy for COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment)
  * At the face to face board meeting we discussed having employee
salaries increase when inflation increases, as other comparable
nonprofits do.
  * http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CWUR0000SA0?output_view=pct_12mths
  * Andreas hasn't emailed the board-only yet
  * We're missing two members of the board, so we should defer to the
next meeting
 * Adopting a photography policy for GNOME events.
  * Joanie suggested it at GUADEC and on board-list that we adopt a
photography policy for bigger GNOME events.
  * The Ada Initiative has a photography policy for their Ada Camps
  * http://adainitiative.org/2013/07/another-way-to-attract-women-to-conferences-photography-policies/
  * Having a proper policy would allow a tool for people to clearly
opt in or out from being photographed at our conferences
  * Using badges or lanyards removes the awkwardness of asking for photographs
  * Do we actually need a policy if use badges/lanyards?
  * How can we enforce the policy?
   * Should be part of the Code of Conduct
   * Should be enforced by the local conference team
  * Should this be part of a larger discussion on the code of conduct?
  * We could also have a trial run at Montreal
  * '''ACTION''': Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography
policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Scheduling an IRC Foundation meeting
  * At the Board Q&A the board promised to do a Foundation IRC meeting.
  * Joanie took a action item to talk to the release team first.
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2013-August/msg00060.html
   * No reply
   * We are in the final days of the 3.10 cycle
   * Release, documentation, i18n, and marketing/engagement teams will
be pretty busy getting 3.10 out of the door
   * Postpone after 3.10
   * '''ACTION''': Joanie will ping the Release Team again for the
Foundation IRC meeting after the 3.10 release is completed
  * Needs an agenda and a date.
 * Collecting funds in Europe update
  * Ball is back in our court
  * We need to provide documentation and receipts
  * '''ACTION''': Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund
collection in Europe
 * Sysadmin update
  * Karen asked Andrea to blog some more
  * Andrea created a website for the infrastructure status
  * also, a mailing list for infrastructure work
 * possible trademark violation to assess.
  * Another software project is using the name GNOME
  * http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10889727.htm
  * Karen is in contact with our law firm. Needs an update.
  * No response yet
 * Montreal Summit update
  * no new update
 * Travel Committee, Delegation, Budgets, etc.
  * Will be added to the Travel committee work session
 * Spam for board-related lists
  * Andrea suggested that the only way to reduce spam is to moderate the list
  * Added new rules

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * Cease calling the Github mirror "official".
  * +1 from Kat, Joanie, Tobias and Sriram
  * -1 from Emmanuele, Andreas
  * Missing a vote from Marina, since she was away on vacation.
  * '''VOTE''': Ask Alberto and Andrea to remove the "official" from
the Git``Hub GNOME mirror: passed: aye:4, nay:2, absent:1.
  * Emmanuele wanted to add to the minutes that he "appreciates and
applauds the outreach effort of Alberto and Andrea, especially in the
face of apathy from a community that wants results without committing
resources, and that is ready to criticise anybody who actually puts
time and effort into making our code and projects accessible to more
people, in the spirit of the license we use and the goals we profess
to have."
  * Others on the board was thankful to the efforts of Alberto and
Andrea, but felt the usage of the word Official was not a proper fit
for the use.
  * The board asked Andrea if it would be possible to set up a
Gitorious mirror similar to the Github one. The answer is that it is
possible if someone have to write a hook, communicate with the
Gitorious administrators to make sure there is enough space and other
tasks that might come up in the process. After that is done, Andrea
can enable the hook on git.gnome.org
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to ask on foundation-list if somebody wants to
work with Gitorious.org to create a GNOME mirror there
  * Alberto removed the "Official" from the mirror

== Completed Actions ==
 * Karen will send and email to foundation-list for questions for the
board Q&A at GUADEC - there will be a foundations IRC meeting
 * Joanie, Kat, Tobi, Rosanna, Karen will hold a work group at GUADEC
about the travel committee process
 * Kat to check with Andrea how to improve the spam filters of the
board-related list archives

== Pending action items ==
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard
 * Joanie and Kat to draft a new travel assistance form to replace the
current one (Kat, Joanie and Zana to discuss and come up with a
solution)
 * Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME
conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Joanie will ping the Release Team again for the Foundation IRC
meeting after the 3.10 release is completed
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts
holders and passwords
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen to carry on the discussion to explore the offer from
Wau-Holland-Stiftun for collecting funds in Europe for us
 * Karen to contact Tor, EFF, OTI for feedback and eventual funding
for privacy work
 * Karen to "call for ideas" for privacy work related bids at GUADEC
and by blog/email to foundation-announce
 * Karen to ask on foundation-list if somebody wants to work with
Gitorious.org to create a GNOME mirror there
 * Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts
over to the GNOME infrastructure

--

-- 
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

Gmane