Emmanuele Bassi | 26 Sep 15:36 2013
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting - September 17th, 2013

wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20130917

= Minutes for Tuesday, September 17th, 2013, 16:00 UTC =

== Next Meeting ==
 * Tuesday, October 1st, 2013, 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Joanmarie Diggs
 * Karen Sandler
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Tobias Mueller

=== Regrets ===
 * Rosanna Yuen

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
 * Adopting a photography policy for GNOME events.
  * No update
  * Karen volunteers to help Joanie

 * Social media accounts
  * Allan suggested that we should use a more secure way of storing
the passwords than the wiki and one which can be kept up-to-date
  * The passwords will be stored in a private (to board and select
Engagement Team members) git account and will be encrypted
  * The Git repository is accessible by specific people based on SSH
key which will be assigned to select people

 * Update about Private Internet Access joining the advisory board.
  * Tobi wrote a quote for the PR
  * Karen sent the quote and material up to PIA for review
  * We should be able to announce it soon

 * Travel reimbursement time frame request form Michael Hill
  * Reimbursement should happen within a specified time period, for
example 2 weeks after receipts are sent in
   * The travel committee takes a week to process the reimbursement
   * This leaves another week to wire the reimbursement
   * This does not take into account eventual delays in the wire transfer
   * Should we bump that time to 30 days?
    * Companies usually have 30 days
    * Foundations/event organisers have longer turnarounds
  * How will this affect the new process for small events?
  * We are late with reimbursements
  * We should probably have somebody else have access to PayPal but we
need somebody in the US for cheques
   * In case there are holdups or delays or too many reimbursements
   * Alternatively, we should use PayPal as much as possible
   * There is an issue of fees with PayPal
   * The treasurer should have access to the PayPal account, in order
to check if the PayPal fees present a technical issue, and also to
help process reimbursements
  * We should have a formal process to notify the foundation that the
reimbursement has not been wired
   * Send an email to board <at>  or to Karen?
   * '''ACTION''': Kat to contact Cesar Fabian Orcoon Chipana to add a
way to file a reimbursement complaint to the future travel commitee
form
   * '''ACTION''': Karen to check with Rosanna if a 30 day turnaround
fits in to her travel reimbursement workflow

 * New travel sponsorship process for small events
  * Update for Montreal Summit
  * We should get actual numbers in terms of attendance and travel
sponsorship before amending or revisiting the travel sponsorship for
the Summit
  * If we want to do bulk room booking then we need to get information
on the attendees accommodation
  * September 26th is the deadline for asking for travel assistance
  * '''ACTION''': Karen and Joanie to manage the bulk hotel booking
for the Montreal Summit
  * The board should establish a travel funding committee for the
Summit - the board assigns the authority to Joanie and Karen, subject
to the approval of Kat
   * The committee should meet on September 27th in order to process
the travel assistance requests

 * Womens Outreach Program
  * New round is coming up
  * General status update
   * Open up applications on October 1st. Closing on November 1st. Dec
10th - March 10th
   * Wiki page has been updated: https://wiki.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen
   * We probably need some way to integrate applications tracking
within the Wordpress installation for the OPW website
    * Maybe have the website changes be a project for the next OPW round
   * The board needs to check if we need to allocate funding for this
round of the OPW
    * We should have at least one intern
    * We saved money from the previous cycle
  * It would be good to discuss some questions around the contracts
for the mentors
  * '''ACTION''': Karen, Kat, Marina, Andreas to discuss the OPW
contract issues during the board's work session

== Completed Actions ==
 * Karen to ask on foundation-list if somebody wants to work with
Gitorious.org to create a GNOME mirror there

== Pending action items ==
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard
 * Joanie and Kat to draft a new travel assistance form to replace the
current one (Kat, Joanie and Zana to discuss and come up with a
solution)
 * Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME
conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Joanie will ping the Release Team again for the Foundation IRC
meeting after the 3.10 release is completed
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts
holders and passwords
 * Kat to contact Cesar Fabian Orcoon Chipana to add a way to file a
reimbursement complaint to the future travel commitee form
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen to contact Tor, EFF, OTI for feedback and eventual funding
for privacy work
 * Karen to "call for ideas" for privacy work related bids at GUADEC
and by blog/email to foundation-announce
 * Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Karen to check with Rosanna if a 30 day turnaround fits in to her
travel reimbursement workflow
 * Karen and Joanie to manage the bulk hotel booking for the Montreal Summit
 * Karen, Kat, Marina, Andreas to discuss the OPW contract issues
during the board's work session
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts
over to the GNOME infrastructure

--

-- 
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

Gmane