Emmanuele Bassi | 14 Oct 14:24 2013
Picon

Minutes for the Board meeting of October 1st, 2013

wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20131001

= Minutes for Tuesday, October 1st, 2013, 16:00 UTC =

== Next Meeting ==
 * Tuesday, October 15th, 2013, 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Joanmarie Diggs
 * Karen Sandler
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Tobias Mueller

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
 * Adopting a photography policy for GNOME events.
  * '''ACTION''': Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the
photography policy for GNOME events

 * Scheduling an IRC Foundation meeting
  * 3.10 has been released
  * Joanie pinged the release-team today in response to the discussion
during the meeting

 * Contract details for OPW
  * There are some feedback from mentors with regards to the contracts
that got introduced last round.
  * Karen, Marina and Kat had a meeting going over the feedback and
see what could be improved.
  * Update regarding the issue
   * Made some progress, but some issues are still pending
   * Main issue: responsibility for mentors and for the organisation
  * Linux Kernel community and Wikimedia are enthusiastic about the
next round of OPW
   * Already have potential interns and projects lined up
  * Next OPW round: December
   * The decision on the contract must be reached by that time

 * Travel reimbursement time frame request form Michael Hill
  * Continue discussion from last meeting and action items
  * The travel committee's will get notifications in case of delays
   * There will be automatic escalation to the board in case of further delays
  * Rosanna needs a week in average to process the reimbursements
  * In general we should guarantee 30 days between request and reimbursement
  * '''ACTION''': Rosanna to set up an account for Kat to access the
Foundation's PayPal

 * Travel for Montreal Summit status
  * USD 2500 is the expected expense for travel assistance of 3 people
  * The Foundation reserved a block of rooms
   * Expected room cost is USD 135 per night per room
  * '''VOTE''': authorise the budget for the Montreal summit: +1
Andreas, Marina, Sri, Emmanuele, Tobi, Kat; Joanie abstains (due to
possible conflict of interest with respect to the attendees seeking
sponsorship)
   * Kat's vote is under the provision that sponsored attendees are
aware that they will only be reimbursed for receipts that are sent to
the board, and that Emily's is made aware that in addition to her gas
expenses, only half of her lodging expenses will be covered.

 * GNU 30th Anniversary GNOME happenings.
  * We had a GNOME room at the event
   * 30/40 people attending
  * Demo and newcomers introduction
  * We also had a GNOME users dinner
   * 15 people attending
  * Good feedback

 * VOTE: GUADEC travel reimbursement for Anton Belka
  * Anton expensed fuel but has no receipt
  * USD 100 in two expenses: one by card (with card statement), and
one done in cash
  * We need proof for our bookkeeping
  * We should only approve the expense paid by card (USD 55)
  * '''VOTE''': reimburse Anton Belka the USD 55 he paid by card: unanimous
  * '''ACTION''': Kat to notify Anton Belka the decision on his GUADEC
reimbursement

 * Budget for the new financial year
  * Kat needs the latest GNUcash file to check the numbers
  * Also, updated numbers from Marina for the OPW
  * Expected hackfests and events should also be communicated to the treasurer

== Completed action items ==
 * Joanie will ping the Release Team again for the Foundation IRC
meeting after the 3.10 release is completed

== Pending action items ==
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard
 * Joanie and Kat to draft a new travel assistance form to replace the
current one (Kat, Joanie and Zana to discuss and come up with a
solution)
 * Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME
conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts
holders and passwords
 * Kat to contact Cesar Fabian Orcoon Chipana to add a way to file a
reimbursement complaint to the future travel commitee form
 * Kat to notify Anton Belka the decision on his reimbursement
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen to carry on the discussion to explore the offer from
Wau-Holland-Stiftun for collecting funds in Europe for us
 * Karen to contact Tor, EFF, OTI for feedback and eventual funding
for privacy work
 * Karen to "call for ideas" for privacy work related bids at GUADEC
and by blog/email to foundation-announce
 * Karen to ask on foundation-list if somebody wants to work with
Gitorious.org to create a GNOME mirror there
 * Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Karen to check with Rosanna if a 30 day turnaround fits in to her
travel reimbursement workflow
 * Karen and Joanie to manage the bulk hotel booking for the Montreal Summit
 * Karen, Kat, Marina, Andreas to discuss the OPW contract issues
during the board's work session
 * Rosanna to set up an account for Kat to access the Foundation's PayPal
 * Sri to investigate better uses of Google adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts
over to the GNOME infrastructure

--

-- 
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

Gmane