Emmanuele Bassi | 26 Oct 01:40 2013
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of October 15th, 2013

wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20131015

= Minutes for Tuesday, October 15th, 2013, 16:00 UTC =

== Next Meeting ==
 * Tuesday, October 29th, 2013, 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Karen Sandler
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Tobias Mueller

=== Regrets ===
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Joanmarie Diggs

=== Missing ===

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
 * GUADEC travel reimbursements are three weeks overdue now.
  * Zana is working on the list

 * Contract details for OPW
  * There are some feedback from mentors with regards to the contracts
that got introduced last round.
  * Karen, Marina and Kat had a meeting going over the feedback and
see what could be improved.
  * No progress
  * Karen sent possible changes to the non-board person that expressed
doubts or concerns, but still hasn't gotten a reply
  * Not time sensitive, but it needs to be done before the next round
of OPW starts
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to circulate a new draft of the OPW
mentor/student contracts

 * Montreal Summit travel report
  * Around 40 attendees
  * 6 students attended from the Western New England university along
with a professor
   * They want to revive the Mousetrap project (mouse assistive
technology) as part of their year's university project, they had great
support and made a lot of progress
  * Sessions could have been better organised to allow for newcomers
  * Karen met the president of Savoir-Faire Linux, SFL interviewed
Karen and then Karen interviewed them
  * Good feedback
  * The sponsors helped with the venue, parties, and refreshments:
Canonical, Red Hat, SFL
  * Work was accomplished on notifications, a11y, developer experience, etc.

 * GNOME Asia Summit update
  * Still in the planning stage
  * We received a bid, but we also got two proposals for co-locating
the summit with other conferences and communities
  * Local community should evaluate the options

 * Behnam Esfahbod volunteering with the Foundation
  * Behnam is waiting for a new job to start in 2014 and has free
volunteer time until the end of the year
  * 24 hours per week
  * Tasks
   * investigate OPW application tracking using a local instance of
the Google Summer of Code software
   * Infrastructure issues
  * Need to check if Behnam is a Foundation member, and have his blog
syndacated on the Planet

== Completed Actions ==
 * Karen to ask on foundation-list if somebody wants to work with
Gitorious.org to create a GNOME mirror there
 * Karen to check with Rosanna if a 30 day turnaround fits in to her
travel reimbursement workflow
 * Karen and Joanie to manage the bulk hotel booking for the Montreal Summit
 * Karen, Kat, Marina, Andreas to discuss the OPW contract issues
during the board's work session

== Pending action items ==
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard
 * Joanie and Kat to draft a new travel assistance form to replace the
current one (Kat, Joanie and Zana to discuss and come up with a
solution)
 * Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME
conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Joanie will ping the Release Team again for the Foundation IRC
meeting after the 3.10 release is completed
 * Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the photography policy
for GNOME events
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts
holders and passwords
 * Kat to contact Cesar Fabian Orcoon Chipana to add a way to file a
reimbursement complaint to the future travel commitee form
 * Kat to notify Anton Belka the decision on his GUADEC reimbursement
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen to contact Tor, EFF, OTI for feedback and eventual funding
for privacy work
 * Karen to "call for ideas" for privacy work related bids at GUADEC
and by blog/email to foundation-announce
 * Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Karen to circulate a new draft of the OPW mentor/student contracts
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts
over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Rosanna to set up an account for Kat to access the Foundation's PayPal

--

-- 
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

Gmane