Emmanuele Bassi | 10 Nov 14:43 2013
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of October 29th, 2013

wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20131029

= Minutes for Tuesday, October 29th, 2013, 16:00 UTC =

== Next Meeting ==
 * Tuesday, November 12th, 2013, 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Joanmarie Diggs
 * Karen Sandler

=== Regrets ===
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
 * Implement a Foundation employee policy for COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment)
  * At the face to face board meeting we discussed having employee
salaries increase when inflation increases, as other comparable
nonprofits do.
  * http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CWUR0000SA0?output_view=pct_12mths
  * Kat has still not received the relevant financials information.
  * To be discussed on board-only

 * Scheduling an IRC Foundation meeting
  * Joanie had a long talk with Alejandro Piñeiro who subsequently
sent the following email to the Release Team mailing list
   * https://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2013-October/msg00075.html
   * There has been no response to that message.
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to contact Matthias Clasen and ask for
feedback on a meeting with the release team

 * Contract details for OPW mentors
  * Karen to send the updated draft to board list for review

 * Behnam Esfahbod volunteering with the Foundation
  * Behnam started working on the website for the OPW application process

 * Bonus for Andrea Veri
  * Andrea bought a new laptop for his work on GNOME after his old died
  * 80% of his work on GNOME infrastructure is done on the laptop and
that without one Andrea would have to cut back his time
  * Kat suggest letting Andrea expense the laptop
   * A bonus would be not tax exempt so it would cover a minimal part
of the laptop
  * '''VOTE''': set aside USD 1100 for either a bonus or a
reimbursement for Andrea Veri's laptop expense: unanimous
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to communicate to Andrea the decision of the
board on the laptop expense and ask him for his preferred option
  * Long term: we should have a hardware budget

 * Sponsorship request for Día GNOME for USD 2390.00
  * see https://wiki.gnome.org/Hackfests/DiaGNOME2013
  * USD 1050 for travel, USD 560 for accommodation
   * 4 foundation members, 3 non-foundation members
   * we should be able to cover everyone
  * USD 400 for t-shirts
   * they will sell them
  * USD 450 for stickers/banners
   * used for other events
  * USD 300 for coffee break/snacks
  * the Chilean GNOME users group managed to get USD ~670 in sponsorships
  * total: USD 2090
  * '''VOTE''': Expense USD 2090 for the Día GNOME event: unanimous
   * We don't usually sponsor food/drinks, so we should ask to get a sponsor
   * '''ACTION''': Kat to communicate with the Día GNOME organisers
the approval of the expense

 * GNOME Paypal account
  * Can Rosanna set up an account for Kat? If Rosanna doesn't have
time, can someone else do it? (See minutes from the 1st of Oct)
  * Account set up now

 * Budget
  * Karen/Marina on OPW income and expenses
  * Kat needs up-to-date accounts/gnucash file
  * Budget is 4 weeks late

 * World of GNOME Forums hosting
  * Currently unmaintained
  * SPAM infested
  * Two issues:
   * Need a team of people that keeps them working
   * Should we have forums on gnome.org infrastructre?
  * We should probably ask to close the existing forums
  * Decide what kind of forums we want to have on our infrastructure
   * Part of the engadgement team
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to reach out to the World of GNOME owners and
decide what to do with their forums

 * Handling Pitivi funds
  * Approached by Jeff about two years ago, the board at the time
reviewed Fiscal Sponsorship Guidelines
  * Was put on hold
  * Pitivi would like GNOME to handle money for
   * GSoC/OPW
   * Fundraising
   * Hackfests
  * Similar to what we already do for PulseAudio, GStreamer, GIMP
  * the Foundation should be at least able to handle the Pitivi GSoC
funds, given the urgent timetable
  * Pitivi would like to have a fundraising campaign
   * in order to fund a full time developer for a year
   * the Foundation would be responsible for handling the contractor,
and delegate to the Pitivi developers the handling of the contract
deliverables
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to send to Jeff the list of roles that the
Foundation can assume as fiscal sponsor
  * Needs to get a better handle on the software tracking for our
fiscal sponsorships
  * '''VOTE''': Have the Foundation handle the GSoC money for Pitivi: unanimous
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to communicate to Jeff the decision of the
Board to handle the GSoC money for Pitivi

 * Upcoming Advisory Board Agenda
  * Last meeting: GUADEC
  * Ideas for the agenda
   * Introduction of the two new advisory board members: Linux Foundation, PIA
   * Updates from the Foundation
    * Software rendering progress
    * Debian, systemd, Wayland integration
    * AppData
  * potential date: last week of November
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to circulate the proposal for the adboard
meeting to the adboard members

 * Non-profit contract with Wau Holland Stiftung
  * Coming to a close
  * Needs review on board-list

 * Ubuntu GNOME trademark usage
  * The team is using the GNOME logo for their Ubuntu spin
  * We recommended they should not use the GNOME logo in the current form
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to contact the Ubuntu GNOME spin team for
their use of the GNOME trademark

== Completed Actions ==
 * Joanie to ping the Release Team again for the Foundation IRC
meeting after the 3.10 release is completed
 * Kat to contact Cesar Fabian Orcoon Chipana to add a way to file a
reimbursement complaint to the future travel commitee form
 * Kat to notify Anton Belka the decision on his GUADEC reimbursement

== Pending action items ==
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard
 * Joanie and Kat to draft a new travel assistance form to replace the
current one (Kat, Joanie and Zana to discuss and come up with a
solution)
 * Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME
conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the photography policy
for GNOME events
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts
holders and passwords
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen to contact Tor, EFF, OTI for feedback and eventual funding
for privacy work
 * Karen to "call for ideas" for privacy work related bids at GUADEC
and by blog/email to foundation-announce
 * Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Karen to circulate a new draft of the OPW mentor/student contracts
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts
over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Rosanna to set up an account for Kat to access the Foundation's PayPal

--

-- 
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/
_______________________________________________
foundation-announce mailing list
foundation-announce <at> gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-announce

Gmane