Emmanuele Bassi | 24 Nov 15:57 2013
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of November 12th, 2013

[sorry for the delay: "nurse" duty at home turned into sick birthday
and weekend.]

wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20131112

= Minutes for Tuesday, November 12th, 2013, 16:00 UTC =

== Next Meeting ==
 * Tuesday, November 26th, 2013, 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Joanmarie Diggs

=== Regrets ===
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Karen Sandler

=== Missing ===
 * Rosanna Yuen

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
 * Implement a Foundation employee policy for COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment)
  * At the face to face board meeting we discussed having employee
salaries increase when inflation increases, as other comparable
nonprofits do.
  * http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CWUR0000SA0?output_view=pct_12mths
  * Blocking on the budget
  * We may have enough coverage for the next 5 years, but we are
missing actual figures
   * GUADEC and hackfest may be over budget
   * Income from adboard fees should be able to cover the needed amount
  * Decision should be deferred until we have a proper budget

 * Reimbursements
  * GIMP
   * Last GIMP reimbursements were 6 months late, we must do much
better than that
   * The treasurer should be kept into the loop with a reminder every month
   * Michael Schumacher sent a series of ideas for improving the process
   * Joanie has been working on a series of ideas of her own on the wiki
   * '''ACTION''': Joanie to go over Michael Schumacher ideas on the
Gimp funding processes and merge them with her ideas on the wiki
  * GUADEC
   * Sindhu has not received hers, can Rosanna verify that it has not
been returned?
   * '''ACTION''': Rosanna to check if the reimbursement for Sindhu
has been returned
   * The account number was missing from the payment instructions. How
can problems like this be avoided?
   * Updating the GNUcash file should make these things apparent in the future

 * Scheduling an IRC Foundation meeting
  * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to send a proposal to foundation-list
about possible IRC meetings

 * GNOME Asia Summit update
  * Co-hosting with the SUSE conference is not on the table any more
  * But we may be able to co-host with the Fedora conference in Asia

 * Behnam Esfahbod volunteering with the Foundation
  * Should we get some form of report?
  * Either email to the board, or blog on Planet GNOME
  * Every couple of weeks would be adequate
  * '''ACTION''': Marina to ask Behnam to (regularly) report on his
state and work

 * Budget (October 2013/September 2014)
  * Karen/Marina report on OPW income and expenses for next year
   * Could the Foundation sponsor 2/3 interns?
   * We should get around 30 interns in total for the last 2013 round
($250×30=$7500 for administration)
  * Kat needs up-to-date accounts/gnucash file
  * budget is 6 weeks late

 * World of GNOME Forums hosting
  * '''ACTION''': Joanie to ask Karen to report on board-list about
the World of GNOME Forums

 * Handling Pitivi funds
  * '''ACTION''': Joanie to ask Karen to report on board-list about
handling the Pitivi funds

 * Upcoming Advisory Board Agenda
  * '''ACTION''': Joanie to ask Karen to report on board-list about
the adboard meeting status

 * Post-release teams meeting
  * From the minutes of the September 3rd board meeting
   * At the Board Q&A one of the proposals was to have a regularly
scheduled meeting between the various teams involved in the release
process
   * An effort similar to the reports for the AGM and the annual
reports, but for the benefit of collaboration between teams
   * Emmanuele proposed to have a "post-mortem" after the development cycle ends
    * Conference call or IRC meeting between teams discussing what
went right and what went wrong during the cycle
     * Maybe blue sky planning for the next one
  * Emmanuele is contacting various members of the release, design,
engagement, a11y, i18n, and docs teams
  * Seems that the idea is getting buy-in
  * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to draft a date and time for the
post-release meeting

== Completed Actions ==
 * Rosanna to set up an account for Kat to access the Foundation's PayPal
 * Joanie will ping the Release Team again for the Foundation IRC
meeting after the 3.10 release is completed
 * Joanie and Kat to draft a new travel assistance form to replace the
current one (Kat, Joanie and Zana to discuss and come up with a
solution)

== Pending action items ==
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard
 * Emmanuele to send a proposal to foundation-list about possible IRC meetings
 * Emmanuele to draft a date and time for the post-release meeting
 * Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME
conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the photography policy
for GNOME events
 * Joanie to go over Michael Schumacher ideas on the Gimp funding
processes and merge them with her ideas on the wiki
 * Joanie to ask Karen to report on board-list about the World of GNOME Forums
 * Joanie to ask Karen to report on board-list about the adboard meeting status
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts
holders and passwords
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen to contact Tor, EFF, OTI for feedback and eventual funding
for privacy work
 * Karen to "call for ideas" for privacy work related bids at GUADEC
and by blog/email to foundation-announce
 * Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Karen to circulate a new draft of the OPW mentor/student contracts
 * Marina to ask Behnam to (regularly) report on his state and work
 * Rosanna to check if the reimbursement for Sindhu has been returned
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts
over to the GNOME infrastructure

--

-- 
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/
_______________________________________________
foundation-announce mailing list
foundation-announce <at> gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-announce

Gmane