Emmanuele Bassi | 4 Mar 11:13 2014
Picon

Minutes for the Board meeting of January 21st, 2014

wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20140121

= Minutes for Tuesday, January 21th, 2013, 15:00 UTC =

== Next Meeting ==
  * Tuesday, February 4th, 2013, 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
  * Rosanna Yuen
  * Andreas Nilsson
  * Karen Sandler
  * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
  * Emmanuele Bassi
  * Sriram Ramkrishna
  * Tobias Mueller
  * Ekaterina Gerasimova
  * Joanmarie Diggs

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
  * Pitivi campaign
   * Karen is following up with the Pitivi maintainers
   * The campaign scope is a bit unclear
    * Is it an official campaign?
    * Is is an endorsed campaign?
   * Different constraints between official and endorsed
    * Official campaigns are handled through the Foundation's infrastructure
    * Should we manage the campaign money?
    * The Foundation would be able to handle the money and hire the
Pitivi maintainers as contractors
    * If we host the campaign on our infrastructure then we should
also handle the money from the campaign
   * Improvements in Pitivi trickle down to GStreamer
    * Advisory board members are interested in the platform evolution
and improvements
   * '''ACTION''': Karen to follow up with the Pitivi maintainers for
their campaign

  * Status and plan for the security and privacy campaign's money
   * Karen asked around generally for ideas
   * Not much feedback
   * We should do what we did for the accessibility campaign
    * Create a call for bids with broad points
    * Get proposals and bids for them

  * Outstanding reimbursements
   * What is the status of the payments for the Mono Hackfest?
    * Receipts received from the organisers
    * Board needs to review them and authorise the reimbursement
    * '''ACTION''': Andreas and Emmanuele to review the Mono hackfest receipts
   * Any other pending reimbursements?
    * Soon we will have the documentation hackfest receipts
   * We should have a centralised place for the pending
reimbursements, including which ones have been authorised by the board
    * Minutes and mailing list archives are not easy to use/parse
    * Use a private wiki page, like we do for the travel committee

  * General budget status
   * No budget yet
   * Bank account data is mostly up to date
   * PayPal account data is still not up to date
   * '''ACTION''': Karen, Kat, and Rosanna to have a meeting to finish
the budget and tax information
   * Rosanna has been working on collating the tax-related data

  * Upcoming events
   * FOSDEM and Adboard meeting
    * Attendance: Sri, Tobi, Emmanuele, Kat
    * Discussion on GNOME technology and platform
     * Especially GTK
     * Points of discussion
      * How do we improve the feedback from non-GNOME users of GTK
      * Avoid disenfranchisement of non-GNOME users/platforms
      * Create a meeting place to get feedback and give a voice to
non-GNOME/non-Linux users of the GNOME core platform
   * GNOME Asia
    * Confirmed to be co-locating with OpenSUSE
    * Tobi found a convenient flight for Beijing
    * Tobi has been helping out organising the event, and would
represent the board
    * Kat submitted talks and wants to wait for approval for sponsorship
    * Travel sponsorship should go through the GNOME Asia team
   * GUADEC 2014
    * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to contact the local organisers for the
status of the papers committee and CfP
   * West Coast Hackfest
    * Located in Portland
    * Buy in from kernel and plumbing developers
    * Apps sandboxing, GNOME Shell, and Wayland are the focus
    * Beginning of March
    * May get corporate funding from Intel

  * Travel report from Karen about Linux Conf Australia
   * Interested in the Outreach program
   * Karen had a couple of interviews
   * Fedora desktop group is pivoting on UX for developers
    * We should improve GNOME visibility at Fedora events

== Completed Actions ==
  * Karen to contact Tor, EFF, OTI for feedback and eventual funding
for privacy work
  * Karen to circulate a new draft of the OPW mentor/student contracts

== Pending action items ==
  * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
  * Andreas and Emmanuele to review the Mono hackfest receipts
  * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
  * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors
that want a postcard
  * Emmanuele to draft a date and time for the post-release meeting
  * Emmanuele to send a proposal to foundation-list about possible IRC meetings
  * Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME
conferences to discuss on foundation-list
  * Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the photography policy
for GNOME events
  * Joanie to go over Michael Schumacher ideas on the Gimp funding
processes and merge them with her ideas on the wiki
  * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts holders a
nd passwords
   * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for
security reasons
  * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
  * Karen to "call for ideas" for privacy work related bids at GUADEC
and by blog/email to foundation-announce
  * Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
  * Karen to follow up with the Pitivi maintainers for their campaign
  * Karen, Kat, and Rosanna to have a meeting to finish the budget and
tax information
  * Sri to investigate better uses of adwords on the GNOME websites
  * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts
over to the GNOME infrastructure
  * Rosanna to check if the reimbursement for Sindhu has been returned

--

-- 
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

Gmane