Emmanuele Bassi | 4 Mar 11:14 2014
Picon

Minutes for the Board meeting of February 4th, 2014

wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20140204

= Minutes for Tuesday, February 4th, 2013, 16:00 UTC =

== Next Meeting ==
 * Tuesday, February 18th, 2013, 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Karen Sandler
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Joanmarie Diggs

=== Regrets ===

=== Missing ===

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
 * Pitivi campaign
  * Karen drafted out an agreement
  * Standard contractor agreement, with a few tweaks like adding an
authorized representative to show independence from OpenCreed for
profit motives
  * Pitivi developers have brought up some comments and questions
  * Karen is working with them to improve the wording of the agreement

 * Status and plan for the security and privacy campaign's money
  * The board is reaching out to members of the community to go over
the ideas on the wiki
  * More ideas are welcome

 * Outstanding reimbursements
  * Status of Dia GNOME reimbursements?
   * Andreas is going over the receipts this week
  * Any other pending reimbursements?
   * Documentation hackfest (soon)
   * FOSDEM (soon)
  * Kat created a private wiki page with the list of pending
reimbursements for Rosanna to subscribe to
   * https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel/Private/Reimbursements (PRIVATE)
  * Mid-point batch of payments for OPW has been sent

 * General budget status
  * State of finance up to October is almost done

 * Status of 2013 Tax forms
  * Data gathering
  * We have asked for an extension
   * Common practice, nothing special
   * We have time until May

 * Upcoming events
  * GNOME Asia
   * The original plan was to co-locate with openSUSE conference
   * It is possible that GNOME.Asia is going to be stand-alone
  * GUADEC 2014
   * Sponsorship brochure is done
   * The brochure is going to be sent once the website is up
   * The CfP is also blocking on the website
   * Website should be up soon
  * West Coast Hackfest
   * Venue is still undecided
   * Conference center in Portland
    * Discount rate for hotel
   * Other option (to maximize attendance)
    * San Francisco
    * Near Linux Foundation collaboration summit and Red Hat developers conf
  * Travel report from FOSDEM
   * Karen met with the Debian packages for GNOME and asked the
current state of Debian
   * The Debian packagers feel demotivated by the current situation
   * They agreed to blog more on the issue
   * The Debian packagers asked for a technical position from the
GNOME project for the use of systemd
   * Maybe have a joint statement with KDE as they moved to systemd as well
    * Involve other environments like XFCE
   * '''ACTION''': Karen and Emmanuele to draft a common/cross-desktop
position on systemd
   * Karen talked to a Red Hat representative about funding

 * Ask the release team for a report on the state of the project
  * Keep the board updated
  * '''ACTION''': Sri to reach out to the release team for a report on
the state of the project

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * GCompris switch to QML for iOS and Android support
  * The maintainer graciously informed the board beforehand
  * Effects on GSoC
  * GTK does not support Android and iOS, and there's no current
effort for that; Bruno's effort alone would not be sufficient
  * Qt/QML has commercial interest to support those platforms

== Completed Actions ==
 * Karen to circulate a new draft of the OPW mentor/student contracts
 * Karen to contact Tor, EFF, OTI for feedback and eventual funding
for privacy work
 * Karen to "call for ideas" for privacy work related bids at GUADEC
and by blog/email to foundation-announce

== Pending action items ==
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard
 * Emmanuele to draft a date and time for the post-release meeting
 * Emmanuele to send a proposal to foundation-list about possible IRC meetings
 * Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME
conferences to discuss on foundation-list
  * Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the photography policy
for GNOME events
 * Joanie to go over Michael Schumacher ideas on the Gimp funding
processes and merge them with her ideas on the wiki
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts
holders and passwords
  * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for
security reasons
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Karen and Emmanuele to draft a common/cross-desktop position on systemd
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Sri to reach out to the release team for a report on the state of the project
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts
over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Rosanna to check if the reimbursement for Sindhu has been returned

--

-- 
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

Gmane