Emmanuele Bassi | 4 Mar 11:16 2014
Picon

Minutes for the Board meeting of March 3rd, 2014

wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20140303

= Minutes for Monday, March 3rd, 2014, 16:00 UTC =

== Next Meeting ==
 * Tuesday, March 11th, 2014, 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Karen Sandler
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Joanmarie Diggs
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova

=== Regrets ===

=== Missing ===

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
 * Give higher PayPal privileges to the treasurer
  * Avoid the bottleneck in case Rosanna is not available
  * '''ACTION''': Kat to ask Rosanna to increase her privileges on the
PayPal account
  * For the bank account we need somebody based in the US
  * Karen already has access to the bank account
  * Hand over of the PayPal account from old treasurer to new
treasurer should be part of the process

 * Sponsorship requests
  * https://wiki.gnome.org/Events/Hackfests/WestCoastSummit2014
   * USD 5187.52 in total
    * accommodation: USD 670
    * travel: USD 4417
   * Sri is still working to get sponsorship from Intel
    * possibly for a local event
   * There are various potential attendees that are not foundation members
    * They have asked for membership
    * '''ACTION''': Sri to talk to the membership team to get a report
on the applications of Kay and David
    * '''VOTE''': Sponsorship for the attendees to the West Coast
Summit that are members of the foundation: unanimous
    * The board should give a poster/postcard as a thank you for
Endless Mobile for hosting the hackfest at their offices
  * https://wiki.gnome.org/Hackfests/DeveloperExperience2014
   * USD 13068 total
    * accommodation: USD 4356
    * travel: USD 8712
    * note: Jon McCann asked to have his reimbursement earlier in
order to book the travel
    * Kat and Emmanuele are on the attendees list
   * '''VOTE''': Sponsorship for the travel for the DX hackfest: +1
Andreas, Marina, Tobi, Sri, Joanie; Kat and Emmanuele abstain
   * '''ACTION''': Andreas to notify Allan and Alberto of the approval
of the budget for the DX hackfest

 * Next meeting
  * Tuesday, March 11th 2014, 16:00 UTC

 * GNOME.Asia
  * Previous years we allocated USD 15,000
  * Offset by sponsorship
  * '''VOTE''': Allocate USD 15,000 for GNOME.Asia: unanimous
  * '''ACTION''': Tobi, Karen to notify the GNOME.Asia organisers of
the budget allocated

 * Report from the first QA team meeting
  * Attendees from: SUSE, Fedora
  * Centralisation of the QA work, as opposed to delegating it downstream
  * QA team as an entry point for new contributors
  * Decisions took during the meeting
   * UI automation
   * GSoC project

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * Ask Tiffany Yau to work on event planning
  * former OPW intern
  * enjoys event planning
  * Sri wants to get her on board for GUADEC

== Completed Actions ==
 * Karen to send an email to the board for a confcall with engagement
team for strategising the press

== Pending action items ==
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Andreas to notify Allan and Alberto of the approval of the budget
for the DX hackfest
 * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard
 * Emmanuele to draft a date and time for the post-release meeting
 * Emmanuele to send a proposal to foundation-list about possible IRC meetings
 * Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME
conferences to discuss on foundation-list
  * Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the photography policy
for GNOME events
 * Joanie to go over Michael Schumacher ideas on the Gimp funding
processes and merge them with her ideas on the wiki
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts
holders and passwords
  * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for
security reasons
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen and Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Sri to talk to the membership team to get a report on the
applications of Kay and David
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts
over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Tobi, Karen to notify the GNOME.Asia organisers of the budget allocated

--

-- 
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

Gmane