From: Karen Sandler <karen <at> gnome.org>
Subject: Board of Directors Elections 2014 - Candidacy - Karen Sandler
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnome.foundation.announce
Date: Saturday 17th May 2014 14:14:07 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Affiliation: Software Freedom Conservancy. I'm also pro bono General
Counsel of QuestionCopyright.Org, and an advisor of The Ada Initiative
and sometimes help other orgs (like the FSF) on legal and other free
software related matters.

As promised when I left the position of Executive Director, I'd like to
throw my hat in the ring for the Board of Directors. I think I can help
bring continuity to the board (Stormy was incredibly helpful on the
board when I started as ED). Also, as a lawyer I sometimes have an
additionally useful perspective. I'm still doing volunteer work for
GNOME both as pro bono counsel and as a volunteer on nonlegal matters
for GNOME. I've been helping with fundraising, collecting on outstanding
invoices and generally wherever I can.

Additionally, as you all know by now, I'm a huge advocate for software
freedom. I'd love to help GNOME continue to partner with its nonprofit
and corporate allies as well as ensuring that the foundation is solidly
focused on promoting freedom.

karen

CD: 4ms