Andrea Veri | 26 Aug 22:20 2014
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of August 15th, 2014

= Minutes for Tuesday, August 15th, 2014, 16:00 UTC =

== Attending ==
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Jeff Fortin
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Karen Sandler

== Regrets ==
 * Andrea Veri

== Board meeting ==
 * Groupon
 * Final wording checks for updated Travel Policy
  * Discussed, approved with minor changes.
  * ACTION: Marina to update travel policy
 * Outstanding brand use requests
  * need someone to take action/mail Carol Hanson re: "Permission request for Personal use of Gnome foot"
    * ACTION: Jeff to reply to her
  * Julio Cesar Cara├ža's mail sent to licensing <at>  on 7 Jul 2014 20:05:14 -0700, titled: "Sharing an idea..."
 * Review "pending action" items from previous minutes, reassign old action items to new board members

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * GNOME and GitCafe cooperation
  * Setting up a mirror of git.gnome.org as a first step
  * Brainstorm for more ideas to improve our cooperation
 * GNOME PERU FEST 2014 reimbursement
 * Outreach administrativia fast-tracking
 * GNOME Privacy project (hub's offer, and the findings of SafetyTeam at GUADEC (see https://wiki.gnome.org/SafetyTeam/MeetingDocumentation)

== Completed Actions ==
 * Jeff to send the agenda to the adboard
 * Jeff to lead the efforts with parties that are interested in sponsorship to prepare a new text hopefully
for the next meeting
  * Marina will work with Jeff to shuffle around some paragraphs in the travel sponsorship policy to make it
more clear
 * Marina checked with engagement team about re-sharing GNOME-related job offers from adboard members
 * Andreas to ask Karen and Pam how much we should disclose to the community about the ongoing discussion with
Groupon 
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors (obsolete)
 * Andreas, Joanie to draft thank you letters to our donors (obsolete)
 * Tobi will mention that we pay for LWN codes when sending the offer to donors
 * Tobi will implement that "no gift" on the FoG page also means no LWN subscription
 * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts (obsolete)

== Pending action items ==
 * Andrea to improve board's docs about what a Board member should know before participating to board's
decisions and discussions
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts holders and passwords
  * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for security reasons
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Karen to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Sri to communicate to Rosanna and work on the donation for the West Coast hackfest
 * Sri, Marina, Kat to work on establishing criteria for drafting for the hiring committee for the ED role
 * Sri to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
 * Zana to check the inventory of merch she has in storage (low priority)
 * Zana to look into brand usecontracts that she has on paper and scan them

--

-- 

Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av
_______________________________________________
foundation-announce mailing list
foundation-announce <at> gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-announce

Gmane