From: Frederic Muller <fredm <at> gnome.org>
Subject: Re: [GNOME3] Gain vertical space
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnome.general
Date: Wednesday 4th May 2011 05:25:48 UTC (over 5 years ago)
On 05/04/2011 12:55 PM, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 11:53:07AM +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> It's all css and easily changeable. There is a blog post here that
>> goes through some of the customization (which works without
>> installing any extension):
>> http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2011/03/customizing-the-gnome-3-shell.html
>>
>> namely this part:
>>
>> "As stated previously, the default GNOME Shell theme is Adwaita. You
>> can modify this theme by editing
>> /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/metacity-1/metacity-theme-3.xml. One of
>> the more interesting sections of this configuration file is:
>
> You are suggesting to modify a system file, is there any way to do
> this per-user instead?
>
> /M

I am not suggesting to modify a system file, I'm quoting a small section
out of a long blog post (and therefore out of context).

I am just pointing out where the info is available, sorry for not spoon
feeding, but it's not my thing.

The proper way to do that would be to create a new theme based on the
default one and use that new theme to make the changes. I think (though
I do not know) that themes are per user.

Fred

CD: 18ms