From: Magnus Therning <magnus <at> therning.org>
Subject: Re: Resizing Applications Icons.
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnome.general
Date: Saturday 4th June 2011 11:22:56 UTC (over 5 years ago)
On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 01:01:34PM +0100, [email protected] wrote:
> On Gnome 2 at least (Gnome 3 may have similar functionality, if not
> it's a serious regression), open a terminal and enter
>
> gnome-appearance-properties
>
> or find the 'Appearance' entry on one of the menus.
> From there, it should be possible to choose a theme. Some themes have
> smaller icons, and additional themes can be downloaded. Some of these
> have been optimised for saving space.
>
> Hope this helps.

I don't think this is available in Gnome3 yet (I do hope it will be at
some point).  For now I think you'll have to go in and edit the theme
directly.  You can read about how to do it at
http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2011/03/customizing-the-gnome-3-shell.html
(and if you want to do it on a per-user basis then you can look at my
addendum to it: http://therning.org/magnus/archives/933).

/M

email: [email protected]   jabber: [email protected]

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay

CD: 10ms