Vincent Richomme | 22 Jun 09:42 2010

Re: status of the project

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:53:43 +0200 (CEST), Vincent Torri
<vtorri@...> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I would like to know the status of this project. I haven't seen any
> message for months on that ML
>
> thank you
>
> Vincent Torri

Hello,

you should ask what is the status of Windows Mobile OS and I would answer
that it is currently dying because now Microsoft is moving to a new
OS (the one in Windows Phone) that will only allow managed code
(Silverlight).
I read that they will still support windows mobile for a few years because
they cannot
break compatibility too quickly but to me it means that cegcc is
deprecated.

More information here :

http://www.osnews.com/story/23249/Windows_Phone_7_Based_on_Windows_Embedded_Compact_7
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/could-menlo-signal-a-change-in-microsofts-mobile-strategy/6077