From: Vincent Richomme <forumer-WCoZDWwJFN5SE5yrzoHCJg <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: status of the project
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gnu.cegcc.devel
Date: Tuesday 22nd June 2010 07:42:51 UTC (over 6 years ago)
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:53:43 +0200 (CEST), Vincent Torri
 wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I would like to know the status of this project. I haven't seen any
> message for months on that ML
>
> thank you
>
> Vincent Torri

Hello,

you should ask what is the status of Windows Mobile OS and I would answer
that it is currently dying because now Microsoft is moving to a new
OS (the one in Windows Phone) that will only allow managed code
(Silverlight).
I read that they will still support windows mobile for a few years because
they cannot
break compatibility too quickly but to me it means that cegcc is
deprecated.

More information here :

http://www.osnews.com/story/23249/Windows_Phone_7_Based_on_Windows_Embedded_Compact_7
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/could-menlo-signal-a-change-in-microsofts-mobile-strategy/6077